Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Themed Fabric Collections

I collect Halloween fabrics. My mom keeps feeding this habit too! A Halloween Farmer's Wife quilt is in progress.

I'm also collecting chickens right now. I was given a chicken panel, so looking for other things to go with it.

Frogs also find their way into my stash. They make great shorts that embarrass my kids!

That is a fantastic quilt. So bright and lively! I collect '30's repros, candy theme and fruits/veggies. I may even make a quilt or two someday!

Love love love all the dots!!!!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I love your dots. They are so pretty. I collect bird and butterfly fabrics, have to have some of everyone I see.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Mid-1800s reproduction fabrics, also known as Civil War fabrics.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

RDM
    Blog Entries
    I LOVE that quilt and Mary Mashuta's book. I started collecting dots after seeing them used in Freddy Moran quilts. I also collect Kaffe fabrics and do a monthly Kaffe Club from Island Quilters shop (a local). I love bright & colorful to offset Pacific NW cloudy days.

Luv polka dots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuseta View Post
    I collect Halloween fabrics. My mom keeps feeding this habit too! A Halloween Farmer's Wife quilt is in progress.

I'm also collecting chickens right now. I was given a chicken panel, so looking for other things to go with it.

Frogs also find their way into my stash. They make great shorts that embarrass my kids!
    Of course I have to keep feeding your habit. lol Can't wait to see your HFW. I love that you embarass your kids--that's a mom's job!

I'm a flannel fanatic. I have a huge collection of flannels. I think they make such soft cozy quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    LOL! Me too, and they multiply like rabbits!

Seriously though, I am a sucker for butterflies. I find them very hard to resist. I hope to do a quilt all in butterflies one day, when I collect enough.
    I'd like to do HUGE appliqued butterflies that are made of butterfly fabric---------but I don't know if it will ever happen
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I'm collecting florals. I want to make a log cabin quilt with nothing but florals. There have been a few quilts posted here on the Quilting Board that knocked my socks off and I want to make one. But I want many, many florals so it's taking me some time. And... I've taken a pledge not to buy any fabric in 2013. Oh well....

Blog Entries
    Pretty quilt! i collect fabric with cats. :-) The stash sits under my bed with no plans to use it!!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm into dots myself, but your color combination makes your quilt look so mature and adult while mine always look so juvenile! I love it!

Wow...what a quilt. I love snowflake fabric and snowmen. Maybe some day when we live in Florida, I'll make a winter quilt just for fun!

I have a good collection of striped fabric. I think they are very handy to have.
    Lizzy in La.

I love your bright, fun dots quilt! Good use of colors and pattern! I have an under the bed box of cat fabrics that just make me laugh. I rarely cut into one. They're therapy. Then there's the box of B&W's, the box of batiks, two boxes of children's prints, etc. etc. I need to stay out of quilt shops and focus on sewing.
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

I have a few themed sets of fabrics I keep adding to my stash: Laurel Burch; cowboy/Indians/Roy Rogers;Elvis;sewing themed fabrics (I have a quilt with over 70 different sewing prints in it); Route 66 along with some cars and motorcycles. I think that is all.

Love all the dots in your quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    WOW!! I love that quilt. What a fabulous way to show of theme fabrics. I go in streaks it seems with themes. But I do love to collect the Alexander Henry Hunky guy fabrics when I find them! They wouldn't make up nearly as cute as the dots do in this quilt though!

Power Poster
    What a beautiful and bright quilt. I've always loved to collect batiks, almost any color, although I think I now have enough of different colorways in blues, purples, etc. batiks to make a Boston Commons Quilt with a light blue batik as background. When my son wanted an "Egyptian" quilt, I found pattern and fabric at Keepsake Quilting, although like my Boston Commons Quilt, it's still on my "Roundtoit List". I've collected Christmas fabrics (always), dots, then children's fabrics now that I have a DGD and I'm trying to collect fabrics for an "I Spy" quilt now. I thought I'd seen a charm pack somewhere that was perfect for an "I Spy" quilt for my DGD, but I can't find it now. That will teach me to order something when I see it, as someone once said "Quilt fabrics have a shelf life, so if you don't buy it when you see it, it probably won't be there when you go back to get it." So true. I don't know when or if I will finish my "Roundtoit List", but I'm certainly going to try.

It's fabulous!! Love the fabric, love the pattern! Makes me want to start collecting, lol!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I love paisley fabric. I have quite a few, but never thought about making a quilt just showcasing them, hummm.

Thank you for sharing the information on Freddy Moran. I just Googled her and love her quilts. I definitely see more dotty quilts in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    I LOVE that quilt and Mary Mashuta's book. I started collecting dots after seeing them used in Freddy Moran quilts. I also collect Kaffe fabrics and do a monthly Kaffe Club from Island Quilters shop (a local). I love bright & colorful to offset Pacific NW cloudy days.

There are a couple of quilts with only using stripes in the Confetti quilts book. I'm not sure I wouldd want to start another collection. Although the quilts look so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    I have a good collection of striped fabric. I think they are very handy to have.

Your dots are very pretty!! I also like dots to add to a kids quilt,I think of them as happy!! My western fabric collection is growing, & so is my paisley collection!! Fabrics are so much fun!!!!

You are an inspiration showing what you did with the "Family" of dots. I love your quilt and see a most creative quilter behind it. Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast