Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: They Finally Made Me An Offer I Couldn't Refuse!

They Finally Made Me An Offer I Couldn't Refuse!

Hi friends,
    I am continually bombarded by Craftsy to get their Unlimited and I've deleted the emails. Until yesterday....
    They offered me a year of Unlimited plus a free quilt kit ( I had a choice out of 3) plus 25.00 to spend on anything else.
    So I'm basically getting a full year for nothing.
    I'm excited!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Sounds like a good deal! You will have fun using it and making your free kit!!
    Deb

So how much was quoted for the full year membership? What kind of kit?

The price was the same as it's been- 120.00 per year.
    The kit is beautiful- Blazing Star. Makes a large quilt- 99X99

I agree... that's the best deal they have offered so far.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maybe I need to read those emails before I delete them . . .
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I was offered a $25.00 gift certificate. I e-mailed them to ask why I wasn't offered the free quilt kit. We'll see if they come back with an answer....

Watson

i got the same email and deleted it thought i have another look at the offer and couldn't find the offer anywhere on the craftsy website so went back to my trash box in my email and found it here is the link https://landing.craftsy.com/ultimate...9447&cuid=3818 i been thinking about it all weekend
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

I got that too - and it's been tempting. The offer is good until the end of the month so I've got a bit of time to decide.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Ask me how hard I am kicking myself now. I didn't get a darned thing extra when I signed up .

mkc
    I got the offer, too, and submitted to take advantage. How are you notified for choosing the free quilt kit? I haven't received anything for it.

mkc, They sent me an email right after the payment went through and I chose the Blazing Star.
    coffeecozy- I would definitely call them and try to get the freebies. You have nothing to lose. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    Watson, I'm sure you'll get the kit. They really want our business.
    I haven't bought many classes over time, maybe a total of 6 and once in awhile I buy products. It's not like I'm their best customer.

mkc
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    mkc, They sent me an email right after the payment went through
    Thanks - all I got was a e-mail confirming my free trial, so I went in and cancelled that and opened a Support ticket. Seems like something went wrong with their offer link when I clicked on it (I saw the T's and C's of the offer said no free trials with it, and for some reason I ended up with a free trial instead of the deal).

Good for you Susie, sounds like a really good deal.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm sitting on my email, too. I can't decide....the kits offered are all awesome...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I don't see any pictures of the kits...any links?

Watson

Watson, look up Blazing Star- Craftsy. It was a block of the month I believe in 2016
    Canyon Creek
    Amish Medallion
    They are the other two.
    I couldn't find them on the site (weird) but did a google search.

Blog Entries
    I didn’t get that one but the one I got was for $80 annual membership instead of $120 but when I checked out, it didn’t apply the discount and showed a charge of $120 to my Amex so I cancelled it...I will call them today.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I have bought several kits from Craftsy but I don’t like their not giving out the pattern. I went to a local store to print in color the pattern and it was fuzzy. I made the quilt recently and it was difficult to put together. I think the offer was excellent however, it was a good deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    I have bought several kits from Craftsy but I don’t like their not giving out the pattern. I went to a local store to print in color the pattern and it was fuzzy. I made the quilt recently and it was difficult to put together. I think the offer was excellent however, it was a good deal.
    What? What's a kit without a pattern?

Well I delete them too; guess I shouldn't have - but would like to see the quilt kit options before I choose. I looked and they don't show the options of quilt kits. I'm not sure I'd use it enough to justify the cost. Looks like you have to pay it ALL up front to get the quilt kit and not 'by the month'.

They put a post on facebook that they had technical issues that they believe have been solved.

I cancelled the free trial that came up in my account when I tried over the weekend to get the special. Then tried to sign up again. When I choose "get this option" (to pay the full $120 and get the kit and coupon), it just takes me back to a class page. I sent them another message.

The Canyon Creek kit is sold out, so only two choices left. Both are made with solids, which do nothing for me, so guess I will pass on the offer now, even if they do get it sorted. If anyone should want one of those kits without the unlimited Craftsy, they are both on clearance for about $80.

Wannabee- What do you mean no pattern? I've gotten the pattern with every kit I bought.

I got that email too but I was thinking mine said unlimited Quilting classes. I've already bought all those classes I'm interested in so I passed the offer by. I will check my trash to make sure it was only the quilting classes offered.
    Nope, my mistake. This email is for the whole site. Might need to rethink this one too.
    Last edited by jokir44; 03-19-2018 at 07:31 AM.

I was glad to see they finally took the Canyon Creek off of the offer. I signed up since I liked that kit forever. After I paid, they said it wasn't available. I wrote to customer service to see if it would be offered later, but they told me that the offer was for "as stock available" and would not be reoffered.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast