Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Things that annoy me about sewing >

Things that annoy me about sewing

Things that annoy me about sewing

Old 01-16-2024, 06:43 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
While I'm piecing a block, I lose one of the pieces I've cut out! Where could it go? I know I saw it just a second ago. I check the floor, my lap, under the cat, under my block in progress. I usually find it , but i have had a few times, the fabric just disappeared.
Guess that makes me a magician! ;0
That happened to me once (or maybe twice). The missing piece had fallen off my sewing table into the trash. Of course, I didn't look in the trash when I threw it out. So I put some scraps together as close tothe original piece as possible. Then I named the quilt "One of these blocks is not like the other".
Old 01-18-2024, 06:50 AM

What is it about quilting that annoys me? After thinking this over I have to say it boils down to myself. Getting caught up in limitations that are to be frank, self-imposed. For instance, fabrics that have a bad memory attached to them. If I could look at fabric as a blank slate, with no other purpose than will it work for the project at hand, things would probably move forward much faster. So why is it all so hard? I can sit all day analyzing, graphing out a pattern, planning, auditioning which fabrics to use or not and end up walking away totally exhausted having accomplished nothing.
Yikes! So scary to bare your soul to the world!
Old 01-18-2024, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I have a t-shirt that says "It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out" -- that's a big one for me!
He, he...that's my pet peeve too...and pressing open seams (see post above.)
Old 01-21-2024, 04:57 AM

Absolutely!!!
Old 01-21-2024, 06:31 AM

I guess being left-handed is annoying at times. It is definitely a right handed world. My mother-in-law gave me a Gingher Left-handed scissors years ago. It works so well for me, the slant of the blade works great. I could go on and on about left-handedness. The latest, doesn't involve sewing but the self check outs in stores is weird for me. Cars having the majority controls on the right, Patterns usually being for right handed, etc., etc., etc. I just had to vent.