Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Think I need/want a new iron

Came across this thread at the right time. I am now in the market for a new iron also. I had two Rowenta irons and ended up pitching them both. Leaked everywhere! My daughter came to stay for a while and bought a new iron to use. She bought a Sharp. I like the Sharp, but I have fibromyalgia and some carpal tunnel and it is just too heavy for me. And, like many of you, the auto shut off drives me nuts when I am piecing! I never used to unplug the iron, but have now gotten in the habit (after my daughter nagging me), so I will look for one that is not auto shut off. Anyone have an Oliso? I would never spend that much on an iron, but just curious if people like that one or not.

Blog Entries
    I got a Shark at Target. I like it, just doesnt' give steam very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I gave up on the Rowenta and like my Black and Decker Digital Advantage. Also, if you put Irons in the search category you will get lots more useful information.
    My 8 year old Rowenta started smelling like it was burning inside over the holiday so I threw it away and ordered this Black and Decker from Amazon.com. I really like it! It heats up fast, it will beep before it starts the automatic shut off and it's a nice weight. Feels sturdy in my hand. I always unplug my iron when I turn off the machine for the day!

I loved my Rowenta but didn't want to spend the $$ to replace it after reading all the horror stories here, seems the quality must not be there any more.

I had a Rowenta, but it started spiting water and after reading all the fire stories, I got rid of it. I now have a very inexpensive Black and Decker and I really like it. I did decide that if I need steam, I will spray the fabric and I do not put water into the iron. Works real well so far. I've had the iron almost 2 years and it works great.
    Sue

I have a Reliable with auto shut off, but that can be bypassed. It's in the manual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2