Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts on Connecting Threads?? >

Thoughts on Connecting Threads??

Thoughts on Connecting Threads??

Old 03-22-2014, 07:38 AM

I have been using for a long time. LOVE it. I change my bobbins and clean after 2. It also seems to last forever. I use silver for all my piecing
Try one spool and you will see.
Pegeth
Old 03-22-2014, 07:42 AM

I use there thread for piecing and love it.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:43 AM

It's my preferred brand....and they have new verigates!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:45 AM

I've never read a word against CT or any of its products and personally have been happy with my purchases. Edie, who commented early in this thread, said the colors are too pretty to use. A few Christmases ago I asked my husband to buy me threads for Christmas. He thought of going to Joann's with me and seeing me buy plain old Coats & Clark and said he didn't think that was a gift. When I showed him the CT catalog he said to pick out anything I wanted. I did, and when they arrived I put them in a basket. They were so pretty it took me a long time to start using them!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Neat way to store your thread!!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 AM

seems this questions gets asked over and over. I too use CT and love them especially for piecing, tho I also use it for quilting but my bobbin never sees anything but BobbinFil threads from Superior Threads.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:40 AM

i can't STAND their "egyptian cotton thread" that double mercerized stuff. it's cheap and pretty but you get what you pay for. it does work for straight line piecing and also for applique if you want different colors. but trying to quilt with it is a nightmare. it's too thick. also i just made a basket last week with cording and wrapped strips of cotton with it and zig zaged it. had to rip the whole thing out it was horrible. tension was crap. i put in a thinner thread and no problem. the thinner thread i used was the CONE thread that CT has, the 5000 yards when it was on sale for $5.99. that seems to be good but just very linty. good luck! for quilting, i use nothing but Glide. you can buy a 5000meter spool for about 7 bucks. strong, no lint, beautiful to work with.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM

I have used it now for about 6 years and love it. It is linty as others have said, but I clean my bobbin area every time I add another bobbin and it's not too bad. Every 6 bobbins used, I clean the entire machine by vacuum cleaner.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 AM

I love their cotton thread, use it all the time, bought all the colors when they had a sale last year. I use it for piecing and machine quilting. I've been in the habit of sweeping out the bobbin case with every bobbin change for years anyway so I haven't noticed a lint problem. Great colors. I have several machines, no problems with any of them with CT thread.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 AM

I have been very happy with their products. I have purchased 2 kits, a lot of fabric and some notions. Everything was good and their prices are great. I usually shop at my local quilt store or JoAnn's, and CT is so easy--just look over their catalog, go on line, place my order--can't do better than that. And with the price of gas--need I say anything else...