Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thread from Connecting Threads >
  • Thread from Connecting Threads

• Thread from Connecting Threads

Old 12-13-2016, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine
    I use the large cones for piecing and LA quilting, good thread.
    Same here...the large cones last forever and are very reasonable. I do agree with a few other posters that the cotton is a bit more linty than other threads, but if you take a brush to your bobbin case when you change out a bobbin, it's all good.
    Old 12-13-2016, 04:22 AM

Love CT's thread! I have not noticed it being more linty than other threads.
    Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 AM

I use it all the time for both piecing and quilting. Works well for me.
    Old 12-13-2016, 07:04 AM

I love their thread and when they have a sale I stock up bigtime! I love having a thread stash to rival my fabric stash, and their prices are amazing.

I still use thinner thread (Presencia) for piecing and when I'm doing SITD quilting, but for topstitching or free motion quilting or ANY sort of decorative sewing, CT is my go-to thread.

I do think CT is a little lintier than a "premium" thread, but to me that's a pretty minor thing. I de-lint my machine all the time anyway. For the price, I can stand to brush out the bobbin case a bit more often!
    Old 12-13-2016, 07:34 AM

I use it a lot and it's fine. But, I do prefer Aurifil.
    Old 12-13-2016, 08:05 AM

Love Connecting threads thread. Only one draw back, it is linty. You will have to clean your machine more often. For the difference in price I can do that!
    Old 12-13-2016, 08:15 AM

I LOVE their Essentials cotton thread. Some of the best I have used. Recently, I got some Sulky cotton thread on sale and it perfectly matched the quilt I was making, but the lint from it was unbelievable! I don't get that kind of lint with Connecting Threads threads.
    Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 AM

I have all their colors in the cotton spools, some in the larger cotton cones and most all their colors in the polyester cones. I use it for quilting mostly and though its linty, it plays nicely with my Innova, rarely ever breaks or frays.....in fact I can't remember if it ever has broken on me. I also have all their variagated threads. I have some Aurifil but as all my quilts are gifts to others I have to cut my costs somewhere and until their thread quality shifts downward I will be an avid CT thread users.
    Old 12-13-2016, 08:37 AM

I love Connecting Thread's Essential thread line! Last Christmas I received almost 40 spools and this year so far have received about 20 to complete my rainbow of color. Would love to have every color they have as I use them all the time. And their customer service is excellent as well.
    Old 12-13-2016, 12:46 PM

I use to use CT all the time for FMQ. I made my DH a quilt like "his grandma made him when he was a little boy" a few years ago. Now the quilting threads are breaking/coming out. I need to requilt it, it was just cross hatched. That's the only quilt this happened to that I used CT thread on that I know of. Other quilts were charity, etc. I did a couple for my mom which are fine but she doesn't man-handle them like DH does. You'd think a kid owned his quilt! It is one of his favorite possessions & he uses it every night. But yes, CT is heavy on the lint. I use it for piecing as I have so much. I've never had any problems there. And, I did notice that the last few spools I bought the thread was breaking when I quilted with it. I have Viking Mega-Quilter. I switched too Superior Threads So-Fine and love it!