Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread painting on long arm?

Thread painting on long arm?

I recently bought a handiquilter longarm and am wondering if anyone uses their longarm for thread painting. I am not good at fmq on my domestic machine but found the longarm easy to use when I practiced with it. It isn't here yet, it's coming here from Utah and I am really looking forward to it.

Does "accidental" thread painting count? For example, when you go back and forth with your feathers too many times? LOL, just kidding. I have done a little on my LA and you're right, it IS relatively easy. I think using whatever feels right when you need it is the key to being successful. Who knows, you might end up writing a book on it!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries
    Three years ago the Best of Show winner at Paducah was all thread painted by long arm. No piecing at all. http://aboutquilts.wordpress.com/201...inners-online/

I think another one won a ribbon this year too.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    all the time- it is very fun to just load up a white backing, batting & white top- (wide goods from fabric.com works for me) and just 'quilt' I've done a few that after they were finished my granddaughter took them & used fabric paints, inks & dyes & 'colored' backgrounds to go with the thread---fun, fun.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Thank you to everyone who replied. Your responses make me more eager than ever to get started.