Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tidying up at last >

Tidying up at last

Tidying up at last

Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Tidying up at last

For weeks I've been saying that I must tidy my sewing room (also drying room, library, art space etc etc), and I had a half-hearted go at it last week. But this morning, trying to cut some fabric, I was practically in tears with frustration, trying to find enough space, losing things I needed in the muddle - enough! I've set to this afternoon, and after just one hour, the room is looking so much better and more usable. So now I ask myself - why put it off for so long? I always think these jobs are going to take so much longer than they actually do - and the time and energy saved once they're done are huge.
Back to work!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 AM

So happy to hear your back to work in your tidy room!!! Sometimes we do need to just take a little time to reorganize our space no matter how messy it can be. Cleaning your space also clears your mind and gives you a nice place to work. Glad to hear your back to work!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 AM

I've been in that same situation so many times! And you're right...once you see the results of a little organization and clean-up, you wonder why you just didn't do it in the first place! I seem to learn that lesson over and over again.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM

I so understand. I am finished in the quilt studio and when I did the walkin closet is caused a huge mess back in the studio. It is much cleaner now. I will post photos later. Enjoy your new space. Luann
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM

It does make you feel more creative when you have a tidy space. I know I always feel like baking (and making a big mess again!) after I clean the kitchen. The same goes for sewing and my sewing room!

Pat
Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Must be the day. I have been clearing my cutting table and sewing table from everything that was left over from Christmas and last minute projects. Had to take a break. Will start again after lunch. Good luck with your clean up.

mltquilt
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM

Finished now! It's not perfect: quite a lot of reorganisation still needed. But the surfaces and floor are clear and it looks tidy. I've put all my ongoing projects away out of sight,as I've realised that one of the things that stops me focusing is having too many different things on the go -and I'm such a butterfly that there are usually several! This weekend I'm going to concentrate on playing with my 201, as I'm investigating whether if I can use it successfully for free motion quilting.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM

Cleaning and organizing my sewing space is a never ending chore!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Congrats on your nice clean space! Only an hour or so huh? Took me 2 MONTHS!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM

I was so inspired by the quick results that I've now done the same in 2 more rooms! I've just cleared up the stuff that was lying around, and where things can't be put right away at least made them as tidy as possible. Works wonders. Then I can start to go through everything more gradually and do the decluttering and reorganisation that are also needed in some places. I feel much less overwhelmed. Now there's just one more room that's a disaster area, because stuff's been dumped there since before Christmas.