Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tiny little notion/hint worth it's weight in gold! >

Tiny little notion/hint worth it's weight in gold!

Tiny little notion/hint worth it's weight in gold!

Old 08-14-2014, 03:56 AM

I'm teaching myself to do silk ribbon embroidery. Having a hard time pulling the ribbon through the fabric and layers of ribbon, I thought of my thread heaven. Used it and it works great. Helps so much, the ribbon goes through so much more smoothly.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 AM

Thread Heaven is a really great product for me. I also hand applique and it make it much easier. I never thought about using it for thread for cross stitching. What a great idea! Wonderful board to learn things from!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

it is great! Used bees wax before I found out about it
Old 08-14-2014, 06:17 AM

I'm on hexie train too, HELP! I can't get off! I use chap stick!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:15 AM

Hi everyone, I wanted to add a new post to this old thread about Thread Heaven. I am a devout user of the product! I use it for embroidery and any time I am hand stitching (binding, etc.). I usually purchase it at JoAnn Fabrics with coupon, so it's a great price. I always have a "stash" of those little blue containers of Thread Heaven. While on vacation, I had taken a new one (in the package) in case the one I was using ran out. Of course it did! I opened the new one and it was completely empty! Long story short...I e-mailed the company and was so pleasantly pleased with the response.....I have to share it with you all and I have to again reiterate how wonderful this product is.

I received a phone call from Sandy @ ThreadHeaven.com. She and I talked for a bit and we laughed about the absurdity of the empty container. This wonderful company sent me a little package with 3 brand-new little blue containers PLUS a huge chunk of the product (I'm estimating about 9 containers worth)!

I just wanted to share with you what a wonderful company ThreadHeaven and how great their customer service is. They answered my e-mail in less than a day and provided a great solution to my little problem!

They have a patent on the product and it was originally made as a beading product to make the thread easier to work with. I've since found out that it's useful for so many other things:

- binds the thread fibers to prevent fraying
- strengthens the thread
- great for quilting, beading, needlework and any hand sewing
- can be used for knitting, basket making, book binding, fly tying, jewelry making and.......
- can make Post-it notes out of a plain piece of paper!

I am not a representative of the company, but I wanted to fully endorse this product and the company. In the world of giant corporations, I always like to support small business AND those with fantastic customer support deserve a big shout out! Thanks!

Nora
Old 08-18-2015, 09:23 AM

I agree! Thread Heaven is certainly heaven to work with!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:01 AM

I did try running the thread through a dryer sheet when I was hand quilting last winter. I think it tangled slightly less than when I wasn't using anything, but I plan on buying some Thread Heaven before I do any more hand quilting/stitching. Sounds like great stuff!
Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM

Thread Heaven is a great product.

Sewnoma, you will just have to push the thread down into it and draw the thread through. Hold the thread down with your finger as you pull.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
...speaking of thread.....yes, I too love that little blue box.....but......now I am working on GFG with 1"hexies....two yrs ago I did one with 1 1/2" hexies, used regular sewing thread to baste onto freezer paper (actually by machine) and hand joining, with just a sewing needle.. This time ' round after reading all sorts of hints/techniques..and buying silk thread and milliners #11needles...then having to buy the bohin threader because I just could not thread that bugger needle! I am just not enjoying this journey, where I did enjoy my first one......I guess too much information sometimes is not a good thing......I am not happy with that silk thread, switched to mettler like silk stuff, not happy with it either....both shredded way to easily..,so I am going to use my "regular" cotton threads.......that milliners needles eye is just as sharp as the point...stabbed myself way too may times...back to just a regular needle...did some gluing instead of machine bating..jury still out on that...may go back to machine basting and bunching flowers together for hand work....so far, though, I do like that needle threader,except the time the needle flipped out and took me awhile to find it...flashlight ad magnet in hand.......my tale of woe for the day.........
Geri B, I would be interested in knowing how you went about basting your hexies by machine? It seems the basting stitches would be difficult to remove. But I'm always open to new ways to doing things. Thanks.