Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... >

Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc.........

Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc.........

Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM

BKinCo
I've been wondering how your quilt turned out, since I first saw your fabric on here. I really like it and I'm sure your Dad will too. Be proud!
Why aren't you thrilled?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
BKinCo
I've been wondering how your quilt turned out, since I first saw your fabric on here. I really like it and I'm sure your Dad will too. Be proud!
Why aren't you thrilled?
I agree your quilt is awesome :!: :thumbup: :shock: Looks like dad's cabin in the woods. Your dada will really enjoy it. Mine is still on the wall. Wasn't sewing the rows together difficult? Any tips to share. I love OBW's and I just struggle like crazy with mine. arg.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM

Salmonsweet and Bkinco, Your quilts are very beautiful.Everyone's quilts are so beautiful and so different. Some many different colors. It is amazing what one can do with one farbic .
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Originally Posted by fireworkslover
BKinCo
Why aren't you thrilled?
I agree your quilt is awesome :!: :thumbup: :shock: Looks like dad's cabin in the woods. Your dada will really enjoy it. Mine is still on the wall. Wasn't sewing the rows together difficult? Any tips to share. I love OBW's and I just struggle like crazy with mine. arg.
I found it more difficult to sew the half hexs together to form the rows. I really had to concentrate to take the right piece off my design wall ( a piece of flannel hung from a board over the closet). I caught myself several times taking the wrong piece. I must have been tired or something. But if you just make sure to take the right piece and pin each one to the next one, before taking another. I then would chain sew them together. Then go back and pin it back up on the flannel. Sewing the rows together, was just a lot of pinning and matching those triangles that stick out. I also put a safety pin on the top hex on each strip to make sure I didn't flip them around when sewing the strips together.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Banned

I agree with fireworkslover....getting those rows together was more difficult than anything else. I personally really struggled with getting the triangles to line up so that my row was straight...I never did figure out the secret to that, which I was hoping would dawn on me before I finished :)
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BKinCO
I agree with fireworkslover....getting those rows together was more difficult than anything else. I personally really struggled with getting the triangles to line up so that my row was straight...I never did figure out the secret to that, which I was hoping would dawn on me before I finished :)
I stick pin through each point then put a pin at right angles either side of the seam allowance and remove the stick pin. Then I'm very naughty and sew carefully over the pins! :mrgreen:

I hate pinning and do it as little as possible, but here I can't find another way to line those points up. If there's a secret, I'd like to know it too! :-D
Old 03-26-2010, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by BKinCO
I stick pin through each point then put a pin at right angles either side of the seam allowance and remove the stick pin. Then I'm very naughty and sew carefully over the pins! :mrgreen:

I hate pinning and do it as little as possible, but here I can't find another way to line those points up. If there's a secret, I'd like to know it too! :-D
I thought of doing this but one of my points was missing, the way I cut my fabric one tip of one point was gone :( Lining those dang triangles up was the most frustrating!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

If you do this in the future...use a Super 60 Triangle ruler...be sure not to cut off any of those rabbit ears and when you go to line the hexagons up, you can line up the ears for a perfect fit.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

I'm going to try lining up the little ears...then I"m going to try the trick I've learned with my Jane blocks.....GLUE PEN!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 AM

wow, beautiful end to so many of these quilts - this sure was a fun experience Cutie!!