Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Today's sewing projects

  1. #1
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well today we are having rain all day.... Mmmmm so it is sewing n baking today.... Chicken in the oven with potato wedges and then cookiessssssss. I am working on my crumbs and boy do i have alot.. and my thimbleberries quilt that i started and somehow got shoved away.......

  2. #2
    dd
    dd is offline
    Super Member dd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,817
    Sooo, what time is supper. Easton's not that far away. I'm a Shirley too. I think we need cookies too. What kind are you making? My husband thinks cookies mean Chocolate Chip. I will eat just about any.

  3. #3
    Super Member New Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the boonies of So. Jersey
    Posts
    1,356
    Wow...I need to take your vitamins...lol...it is raining, thunder and lightening too here...but I worked hard yesterday and I decided to spend today in my pj's and do nothing..(smile)...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  4. #4
    Senior Member YukonViv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    Posts
    407
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's a cold cloudy day in the Yukon, we're at about 4 C up where we are this morning.

    I've already got the chili in the crock pot and I will be spending the day (with housework done sporadically throughout the day when I need to get up and move) working on my newest pattern I just got, TV Dinner (Modern Quilt Relish). It looks fun and that's what I need today!

    Enjoy your crumbs!!!

  5. #5
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi Shirley! are you Squirrelly too? lol... dinner will be done in 30 minutes..... the potatoes are long quartered and have olive oil and fresh lemon squeezed on them with some seasoned salt..

    Well if I bake, it is snickerdoodles for sure and I just may do some spiced oatmeal cookies... some how my oatmeal cookies are never the same from batter to batter, just can't make them to save my life... but i love them... if only i had an oatmeal muffin recipe that was soft and yummy....

    Quote Originally Posted by dd
    Sooo, what time is supper. Easton's not that far away. I'm a Shirley too. I think we need cookies too. What kind are you making? My husband thinks cookies mean Chocolate Chip. I will eat just about any.

  6. #6
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    yummy, but the quilt sounds just as good!!! what does it look like??? do you have a link to show it?
    Quote Originally Posted by YukonViv
    It's a cold cloudy day in the Yukon, we're at about 4 C up where we are this morning.

    I've already got the chili in the crock pot and I will be spending the day (with housework done sporadically throughout the day when I need to get up and move) working on my newest pattern I just got, TV Dinner (Modern Quilt Relish). It looks fun and that's what I need today!

    Enjoy your crumbs!!!

  7. #7
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,805
    Alas, I'm hoping to do my Snickerdoodles tonight too. For your oatmeal, some Farmer's Daughter Oatmeal Cookies are what you need to make!! :)

  8. #8
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    hope you like them! that is the recipe i have always used! you should see the page in my book! lol.... I want that oatmeal recipe !! so you will be one up on me and I will have to send you my "birds" cookie one! if you like cut outs with a spice! they have white pepper in them and are awesome!! Oh yeah and the other one maded like a snickerdoodle that tastes like orange.. hmmmmmmmmm!! omg, this is bad girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Alas, I'm hoping to do my Snickerdoodles tonight too. For your oatmeal, some Farmer's Daughter Oatmeal Cookies are what you need to make!! :)

  9. #9
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    oh the vitamins are ..... " anti housework pills " sweep the floor? what floor? all I see is scraps of material!! wipe the table off? what table?? all i see is a big cutting mat!!
    Quote Originally Posted by New Quilter
    Wow...I need to take your vitamins...lol...it is raining, thunder and lightening too here...but I worked hard yesterday and I decided to spend today in my pj's and do nothing..(smile)...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  10. #10
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,805
    <----------- scampers off to find THE recipe!

  11. #11
    Senior Member YukonViv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    Posts
    407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl
    yummy, but the quilt sounds just as good!!! what does it look like??? do you have a link to show it?
    you can see a picture of it right on their blog here:

    http://modernquiltrelish.blogspot.co...le-orders.html

    just scroll down near the bottom of the first page.

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    14
    Good for u! Taking care ofbad baCk today!

  13. #13
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    good girl!!! hey if I could, I would send you some cookies!! I could!!! If the mailman doesn't eat them all!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    <----------- scampers off to find THE recipe!

  14. #14
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    ohhhh? feel better !
    Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs
    Good for u! Taking care ofbad baCk today!

  15. #15
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,678
    Blog Entries
    1
    i like it!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by YukonViv
    Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl
    yummy, but the quilt sounds just as good!!! what does it look like??? do you have a link to show it?
    you can see a picture of it right on their blog here:

    http://modernquiltrelish.blogspot.co...le-orders.html

    just scroll down near the bottom of the first page.

  16. #16
    Super Member Nanamoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,173
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh goodness, you sound so energetic today! I'm being a couch potato! But I did spend the last 2 days with my best friend from out of state and we shopped, sewed and "ate"!! Now today, I'm sooo tired! But it was worth it.

    No rain here yet today...usually comes in late afternoon.

  17. #17
    Super Member blahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    16
    sounds yummy! I am not as motivated today..I did make sweet fruit chutney yesterday and my 21 year old son made home made pasta with roasted pumpkin and pancetta..YYUUUMMM and he also made pannacotta with raspberry coulis..thats hard to beat! so today I am just going to make chicken and sweetcorn soup with garlic bread and pears in syrup..anyone have a delicious recipe for pears that they would like to share?

  18. #18
    Junior Member quiltnmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    123
    I am on the quilting board instead of figuring out which of my pattern pieces doesn't belong - sounds like a kids program? I have a 1940's dress pattern and the patterns have numbers punched into them instead of printing. I have several duplicate numbers and some don't look like the pictures on the instructions. Those will be the easy ones to figure out!

    Tomorrow morning I will have to tackle it since I start back to work on Tuesday. Can you say Monday marathon?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Broadway, Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    469
    Dark day here in the Valley. I'm happy for the rain we've had now that most gardens have burned up!!!!
    I WOULD HAVE been sewing on a new project (Broken Bricks pattern) but on my way to the store to get the rest of the fabric I remembered I left my $ and license folder HOME. I was halfway there (8miles) so I continued on and just looked when I got to the store. The store was so busy with back to college coeds, and families (big families). Now I'm trying to find a fabric medley to order for the fat quarter project. I really should be bringing the dogs out, feeding them. This board is soooo distracting, but I love to read the personal notes all we gals write about...cookies, dinners, cookies, housework. Isn't life great?!

  20. #20
    Senior Member sarahrachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    671
    and more rain today, I'm just over the hill from you, looks like more quilting this morning before work this evening. I need to finish this quilt, so no baking for me :( but maybe I'll finish the quilt! good luck with the crumbs!

  21. #21
    Super Member plainpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,800
    Blog Entries
    11
    I'm gonna make oatmeal cookies today. Where can I find the recipe for the ones you mentioned?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Alas, I'm hoping to do my Snickerdoodles tonight too. For your oatmeal, some Farmer's Daughter Oatmeal Cookies are what you need to make!! :)

  22. #22
    Super Member Homemother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,038
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have a quilting friend near Easton. Pretty up there!

  23. #23
    dd
    dd is offline
    Super Member dd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by angelarose
    Dark day here in the Valley. I'm happy for the rain we've had now that most gardens have burned up!!!!
    I WOULD HAVE been sewing on a new project (Broken Bricks pattern) but on my way to the store to get the rest of the fabric I remembered I left my $ and license folder HOME. I was halfway there (8miles) so I continued on and just looked when I got to the store. The store was so busy with back to college coeds, and families (big families). Now I'm trying to find a fabric medley to order for the fat quarter project. I really should be bringing the dogs out, feeding them. This board is soooo distracting, but I love to read the personal notes all we gals write about...cookies, dinners, cookies, housework. Isn't life great?!
    Hey, I'll be heading your way soon. We are going to a cabin near Luray for Labor Day weekend. No quilt shops in that area, is there? I don't remember one. We haven't been there in 2 years and I just love that area. We stay at a cabin in Shenandoah Woods.

  24. #24
    Super Member anicra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dingmans Ferry, Pa
    Posts
    1,170
    Wish I could be quilting today. Maybe. My hubby and I are in the process of redoing a bathroom. Today is slated for putting down the new tile.

  25. #25
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    4,018
    Yep, I have a dreary outside day weatherwise as well. I am washing up all my fabric (from Connecting Threads, and #1piecemaker and the latest 20% off at the LQS) Than a friend is coming at 11am, she can help me fold all the yardage (and I DO mean yardage). Movies popped in with fresh coffee and the sewing machine will start to hum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.