Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Many Quilts Displayed?

Blog Entries
    I agree with all of the above... NEVER TOO MANY QUILTS!!

Also....
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyVoltenburg
    too quilty? geesh. I have quilts in every room of the house, plus a longarm in the front room. And I could care less if someone turns up their nose at my quilty house. Maybe I'll paint a quilt on the garage door too.
    Make sure to show us that door when you get it finished! =)

Blog Entries
    There was one woman here that makes quilts with her daughter. Once done she hangs them in her bedroom...it looked AWESOME...Never tomany quilts...I have 8 in my livingroom...(wall hanging, ottoman top...one for the bay window, several on chairs and sofas..makes the home warm and cozy.

At least with a quilt, you can snuggle under... how many trinkets/bobbles can you snuggle with???

Blog Entries
    I totally agree with the previous comments. I would never tell someone that they have too many quilts or whatever in -their homes.

Blog Entries
    I have about 30 quilts on walls and beds and that is just up stairs, have to make a whole bunch more for down stairs. Its my house and I live here so I will do it up the way I want it!
    And if it's ever too quilty for any one else, well they do not have to live here. LOL

Do what is right for yourself! I had a neighbor come into my house (when I was in my blue phase of painting, now do yellow) and said "I think you can overdo blue!" How rude!
    I loved my blue then and was very happy in my blue house. That neighbor was rarely invited in for a visit. Never forgot the comment but I enjoyed my blue,did what felt right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by connie d
    I totally agree with the previous comments. I would never tell someone that they have too many quilts or whatever in -their homes.
    With the exception of garden gnomes, I agree with this comment. Those gnomes are just creepy and a gang of them is down right terrifying. I wouldn't make any comments in front of them, though. They have big ears! I'd just get the he-- out and never go back--LOL.

Blog Entries
    and with quilts...you just throw them in the washer. With trinkets...dust and clutter, and what a pain to dust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    At least with a quilt, you can snuggle under... how many trinkets/bobbles can you snuggle with???

Honest and open communication is much lauded...however, many it appears take this too literally. Since when has it ever been manners to make rude remarks about the decor/style of a home you have been invited into? It would be sad indeed if everyone had a home that looked like a store catalogue.

Blog Entries
    You can NEVER have too many displayed!! What a warm and welcoming sight it is to walk into a place and be "wrapped" in beautiful quilts!! Nope, you can never have too many displayed!

I love quilts and I love looking at them. I think you should decorate your house in a way that make you happy and not worry about what others think.

Blog Entries
    Too many quilts?

Is there an amount that is too many?

How strange, either she didn't quilt herself, or wanted one of them to take home, or was jealous of your talent, or suddenly remembered how bleak her own home was without quilts in it.

Blog Entries
    With the exception of garden gnomes, I agree with this comment. Those gnomes are just creepy and a gang of them is down right terrifying. I wouldn't make any comments in front of them, though. They have big ears! I'd just get the he-- out and never go back--LOL.[/quote]
    ---------------------------------
    Now that I think about it, some folks seen to be a trifle nervous about my dear George, a 5 foot high Nutcracker who holds a tray for snacks. And Pete, and Sam and Gloria, and a few of the other 50 or so Nuts I have in my house from 2 inches high to George. But they are helpful, brightly colored and cheerful, plus, George has never dropped an appetizer in his life!!

Its no different to having pictures on display as far as I'm concerned wish I had more space and quilts that I could put out I bet your home looks lovely

DITTO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    You can never be too rich, eat too much chocolate or have too many quilts!!!

It's your home and your space. As long as you walk in and love it, then that's what counts. Enjoy your work!!!!

My mom has about 30 quilts hanging on racks in her bedroom and they look really nice...that is unless you ask my father. He constantly asks her when she's going to get rid of them and then the fighting begins...LOL

Vat
    I think it's a matter of taste. It's your home.

There is no such thing as too many, it's all a matter of your opinion. What you like!

Quote Originally Posted by happymrs
    It's your house & you love your quilts, so don't be afraid to display them however, & how many, you want. It's no one else's business & no one should say that to you. Remember, those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind! They don't live there, it's not their home, so what gives them they right, & who cares anyway! Enjoy your quilts & all the work that went into them!....
    I agree with the well spoken words.

You can never have too many quilts. If you like them, enjoy looking at them and they make you happy, add as many as you can fit in your home!

Pam M

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you were describing my house. My friends who visit say it looks like a quilt retreat. LOL. I have them on beds, on walls, on racks, on wall display, in my china hutch, every where. Never too many.

Never can have too many

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy90
    What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.
    Here is my answer to too much of anything: IT IS MY HOUE; I LIVE IN IT; I WILL PUT OUT OR UP, ANYTHING THAT I WANT TO LOOK AT; APPRECIATE; REMEMBER, ETC. Do as you wish and remember the tale of the father, son and donkey. Going to market they were all walking; first person to go past told the child he should be riding - too young to walk that far. Second person along shamed the boy and said the father should be riding - he was older and couldn't walk as well. Third person came along and told them both they should be carrying the donkey. When they arrived in town; everyone laughed to see them carrying a donkey when they could have both ridden it in.
    SEE WHAT I MEAN??? YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE, SO PLEASE YOURSELF.
    Diane in Garnet Valley, PA

I guess all my relatives are afraid of me. LOL No one ever says anything about how many quilts I have out. The grands and great grands love to drag them around and snuggle with them.

The way I look at it, until I run out of space and therefore using them to line the driveway, I'll display as many as I want. I love looking at my quilts and the memories attached with each one of them. Everyone of them has a story to tell. Perhaps your relative is jealous?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast