Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Treasure!  Grandma's dresses & patterns >

Treasure! Grandma's dresses & patterns

Treasure! Grandma's dresses & patterns

Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 AM

These quilts will mean so much to your family. I hope you make something for yourself, too. Maybe a wallhanging with some fabric from each dress. http://www.fvqg.org/00archiv/0105.htm
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM

what a treasure you have!!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Oh you have such a happy task in front of you. I love your idea about taking the pictures of the dresses. What a special person you are.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:19 PM

This is so great for you! I can't be envious, as it makes me teary, reminding me of the fabrics/dresses I have from my Nanny that I made a quilt for my Mom and one for me from...I had a few Sunbonnet Sue hand-pieced blocks that Nanny and my great-grandma, Ma (Nanny's mother) had made. I used them and added in new blocks I made to make Mom's and my quilts. When we look at Sunbonnet Sue's dresses we can recall the dresses that were ours, Nanny's, and Ma's that were made from them! I have about a half yard of one daisy fabric that Nanny made me a dress from that I wore in 2nd grade (in my class pic that year I am wearing it), I am very picky of what I make using that fabric...trying to hang on to memories...
Having your grandma's pattern drawings along with the fabric is extra-special! Maybe someday in the future one of your children/grandchildren will have your EQ designs and quilts along with your grandmas...and they will add to it...how wonderful!
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-10-2013 at 01:25 PM.