Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip to Mary Jo's In Gastonia NC

Blog Entries
    I love MaryJo's. Have fun!!!! If you are looking for blenders, omg does she have blenders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I love MaryJo's. Have fun!!!! If you are looking for blenders, omg does she have blenders.
    And BATIKS and BATIKS and More BATIKS!!! I love Mary Jo's and the thread place too. One spool of thread lasts me a year, so I always buy at least 3 when I go so I don't ever run.

Have a ball...I know you will.

Sounds like we need to form a Caravan from Florida to Mary Jo's. OMG what fun that would be, better than a Quilt Show.

I'm in North Florida, I want to go Tooooooooooooo!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OH, how I wish I could go again! DH and I went once and it was awesome. I can't go without a list of what I need/want otherwise it overwhelms me.
    When the sales lady ripped the fabric my DH almost panicked. He'd never seen or heard of that being done! I had to laugh.

Oh, and for the lady who said she would be the one saying OMG --- it's a common phrase heard there! I spent 30 - 45 minutes just looking at all the notions BEFORE I looked at all the fabric! And the buttons....

Have fun!

Phyllis
    aka QuiltingGrannie
    Quilter's Pantry

Lucky you have a great time

OK I'm odd man out. Who or what and where is Mary Jo's? Always looking for something new.

They come from other states and other countries! I have met people from France, Japan, China, and Australia while shopping there. I don't know if it is their end destination or simply a side trip with a larger purpose. Often see them there in conjunction with the time frame of the Paducah quilt show which is a few states away. Ann in TN

Mary Jo's is a very large fabric store in Gastonia NC. She has hundreds of fabric for quilting,weddings,upholstering, you name it they have it. It also has accessories, buttons, zippers,lace etc. Her prices are excellant. Her selection is huge. Want birds, well they might be broken down into small birds, large birds, birds from the north, west ,south etc. you get the idea. You have died and gone to heaven at this place. You need at least a full day to shop its awesome.

My SO doesn't know it but we have a trip planned the end of the month and we are stopping by MJ's. I don't know what in the world I am going to do with him during that time though. Usually he likes to stick to me like glue but gets really annoying in the craft store. I feel like I am being rushed. Luckily I live about 3 hours away. I guess I should plan an overnite trip there sometime with my sis.

been there!!Oh take me with you !!!

MaryJo's is a must visit for me whenever I visit my son & family in NC. And it's only about 30 minutes away. Have never yet made it to the thread place. Please fill us in about that stop. Have a great, great time.

Enjoy! That's a great store!

I got to go there in July. It was so much fun. I had my husband with me and he helped pick out fabric. I plan another trip soon. ENJOY your visit and think of us who can't be there.

Blog Entries
    I am sooo jealous! It's my fav. shop ever.

Blog Entries
    Hey, I only live 45 minutes away and don't get there often enough! As Quilting Grannie said, it is easy to get overwhelmed if you don't have a list. I work on Tuesday but could meet you there on Wednesday if you want some local company.

I went to a huge quilt show yesterday and Sew Much Fun, in Gastonia, was a vendor. They have something I want in their store!

I was there for the 1st time a few weeks ago, and what fun I had!!! DH wanted to know if I needed a truck (he's so cute). There is nothing you could want that she doesn't have! Mary Jo still works in the store and knows where every one of the 30,000 bolts are!!! Have a WONDERFUL time and be prepared to take a 2nd mortgage out on your house!!!

Have a WONDERFUL trip. My group is going there on a bus trip the end of October. It will be my first trip with them (they go every 6 months or so). I have my list and I am just hoping will be able to stick to it. Everyone says your first trip is overwhelming....to say the least. HAVE FUN. Safe travels.

Blog Entries
    I live within 75 miles
    and I have never been.

Seen it many times fromthe interstate.

Planning to go soon.

J J

Have fun. Good shoes and lots of water. One must stay hydrated to clearly think :}
    I didn't get to go three weeks ago when we were in NC. I intend to go back sometime and spend all day.

The pull along cart is a great idea. I have a large old one I will take when I go.

Sounds like lots of fun!

You are so fortunate to be going to Mary Jo's! For 15 years I lived in NC and went to Mary Jo's weekly. I so miss those visits. Have a great time; but then, I am sure that you will.

Oh, it's a great place to get batting too!

I wanna go, too. Bet we could fill up 3 vans, at least.

If you're going past my house I can be ready :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast