Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip to Mary Jo's In Gastonia NC

Stop and get me on your way. I can be ready in a flash.

help please
    I have a pic of a baby quilt that I just finished that I would like to put with my name on here but cant find out how to do it would someone please help me please n thankyou

That's it!!!! (slap on the table)....heard enough about this wonderful place that im gonna have to see about a trip to there with some other friends soon.....Uh, what city is Mary Jo at?? In N.C. right? Im due for a road trip anyhow.... :D

Sure wish I could be with you gals. I'm in Virginia enjoying the beautiful fall colors.
    We miss ya.

No, no shopping carts. Take something with wheels on it, even if its your sewing machine caddy. Those baskets get heavy after a while!

Been there, done that.......wish to h--- I had the money/time to go back. Enjoy it for me and all the rest of us who cannot make it at this time. sigh

I make at least two trips a month to Mary Jos - wonderful selection of fabrics quilting and otherwise, batting is the lowest price I have ever found and good quality - you can buy it off the bolt.... they sell a variety of wide backs and have the cheapest prices on quilt supplies (rulers, mats etc) they also sell lots and lots of stuff needed for sewing like retain, synthrolpol if you are going to be their anyway you defiantly need to stop at sew much fun it really is around the corner about a mile down - very nice quilt shop and Bernina dealer I was at the big quilt show in cabbaras yesterday and sew much fun had a great booth. ENjoy and get your feel of feeling and playing with fabric (BTW the tear their fabric to keep it on grain they also only cut/tear one size in other words don't ask them to give you smaller pieces that a quilt calls for they also have bunches of wonderful novelty fabrics and amazing blenders!

Can I be your friend? Have fun!

You go you quilter fabriholic you.

I will be there Tues. We will be on our way south and I get 1 1/2 hrs there. Can't wait!!

It's in Gastonia outside of Charlotte.

I live in Erie, Pa., and I found out about that place about 1 year ago from some other quilters that were there. They had a great time.
    I sure hope to get there sometime. Maybe next year. Anyway, have fun shopping. I'm just as excited for you. Let us know how you made out.

Have a great time there. Look around good before making your choices.If you haave never been there before you will be amazed how much there is. Wish I could go too.

Quote Originally Posted by dphelps
    The weather is beautiful here. Hope it stays that way. Clear skies and 60's-70's day,40's-50's night. Have a safe trip. KNOW you will have fun at MaryJo's.
    How far is Gastonia from Durham? Family living there and perhaps I might just be able to make a visit one time.

Sounds like a dream come true.

What is the name of your avatar pattern? I am into scrap quilts and this looks extremly interesting.

The name of the thread store is Long Creek Mills located off of Exit 14 , I -85 South. Get off exit turn right, go to intersection , Franklin Blvd, turn left, take your next left at light,Webb St, store in on your right hand side,after the florist shop. Its small but has the best selection of serger thread, machine emb. thread, stabilizers, disposable bobbins etc. Worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat P
    That is sooo funny! I may hold out for Tuesday. Will be wearing hot pink t. A friend and I back before cotton went out of sight bought about 400 dollars each and split the orders from Marshalls Dry Good, what a savings and the fabric was really nice. I am looking for blenders as I used all mine up. Even if we don't meet have a barrel of fun, gotta find someplace to deposit the DH while I shop!
    Drop your DH off at one of the Nascar team shops back up the road...

Lucky you. Hope you have a good shopping time. Safe trip. Let us know what you find.

Denise: Okay, get off the Board, get the snacks, etc. together and get going... You have my list and I can't wait to see what you wind up acquiring...
    Sure wish I could be going up there with you all.
    Have fun, Barbara

Although I live only an hour away from Mary Jo's, I made the mistake ONCE of taking my husband with me. As he sat down outside the store, he asked whether I thought I would be there as long as an hour. For some reason he didn't understand my hysterical laughter in response.

Although I live only an hour away from Mary Jo's, I made the mistake ONCE of taking my husband with me. As he sat down outside the store, he asked whether I thought I would be there as long as an hour. For some reason he didn't understand my hysterical laughter in response.

There are mens stores around like Home Depot etc. Send him there next time.

Barbara: I have your list and your cell phone number just in case I think you need to add to your list. Call you when I get home. Love ya, Denise

tmw
    are you serious , you can't go without your husband, !!!

Blog Entries
    DH can drop you at the store and head for NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte off I-277 close to Bank of America Staduim home of the Carolina Panther and Bobcat Area home of the Charlotte Bobcats. Or head north on I-85 into Concord and check out the Charlotte Motor Speedway. They do tours of the track,even taking you out onto the track itself. Don't let him know that for a few $$ they will let him drive his car out on the track! He can also visit a bunch of the different garages in the area for the different teams. Just ask anyone in around the Speedway which team you are looking for and they will give you directions

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast