Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trip to Mary Jo's >

Trip to Mary Jo's

Trip to Mary Jo's

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for getting this info, Ninnie! Me? don't need the frills, too busy looking at fabric! wow, it sounds great. Have you bought fabric from them online? If so, when it arrived, were the colors, the same as you thought they would be? I'm a little gunshy, but this looks like a great place to shop, and shop and shop! :D
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Thanks for getting this info, Ninnie! Me? don't need the frills, too busy looking at fabric! wow, it sounds great. Have you bought fabric from them online? If so, when it arrived, were the colors, the same as you thought they would be? I'm a little gunshy, but this looks like a great place to shop, and shop and shop! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: No I haven't bought from on line, I just drive down there in my ole car and shop, shop, shop!

Ninnie
Old 05-14-2009, 08:33 AM

I have been there several times. The prices are fabulous. I did find that once that the fabric could have been a second.
Be sure to go with a plan. It is overwhelming. And I do order online.
The fabric is displayed very nicely by catagory. What fun. I shall go again next Thanksgiving when I visit my daughter in Charleston SC.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

doggone...makes me want to break into piggy bank and plan a trip. I don't travel well...maybe i could go on a fast, save money for fabrics, that's a 2fer idea, right there...woo hoo, it's so much fun to dream, but this is how some ppl feel about coming to florida, to go see the mouse! :D
Ninnie, if I ever get to see this dream happen, I'm a knockin on your door...when I figure out where it is, lol! :wink:
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

doggone...makes me want to break into piggy bank and plan a trip. I don't travel well...maybe i could go on a fast, save money for fabrics, that's a 2fer idea, right there...woo hoo, it's so much fun to dream, but this is how some ppl feel about coming to florida, to go see the mouse! :D
Ninnie, if I ever get to see this dream happen, I'm a knockin on your door...when I figure out where it is, lol! :wink:

Come right on QC, I'll fix you some biscuits and gravy! Maybe even take you for a ride on the 4-wheeler! Or maybe we'll just go to Mary Jo's and spend, spend, SPEND!

Ninnie
Old 05-15-2009, 05:09 AM

I went to Mary Jo's last week---my husband and I were on vacation and were passing by on I-85. I had warned him ahead of time that I wanted to stop and it would not be a quick trip inside!! He was wonderful and said "stay as long as you want and buy anything you want" (those are VERY dangerous words!!!). He napped in the car.

The store is everything that everyone has said it is!!! I was only in there for 1 hour and managed to buy 33 1/2 yards of fabric!!!! I had to get out FAST!!! The store can be very overwhelming, so I just concentrated on several areas where I knew I wanted fabrics. I bought 8 half yard pieces of Civil War repros, 3 one yard pieces of shirtings, 3 four yard pieces of cream on cream for backgrounds, 2 1/2 yards of green for a friend, 2 two yard cuts of browns and 8 yards of 108" wide backing. The prices really are great. I paid $6.29/yard for fabric I would pay $9 or more a yard for in my LQS. The wide backing fabrics were $6.99 and 9.99/yard and are quality fabrics. I also bought a few rulers and tools.

I will definitely be going back again!!! It is worth the trip.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marcia
I went to Mary Jo's last week---my husband and I were on vacation and were passing by on I-85. I had warned him ahead of time that I wanted to stop and it would not be a quick trip inside!! He was wonderful and said "stay as long as you want and buy anything you want" (those are VERY dangerous words!!!). He napped in the car.

The store is everything that everyone has said it is!!! I was only in there for 1 hour and managed to buy 33 1/2 yards of fabric!!!! I had to get out FAST!!! The store can be very overwhelming, so I just concentrated on several areas where I knew I wanted fabrics. I bought 8 half yard pieces of Civil War repros, 3 one yard pieces of shirtings, 3 four yard pieces of cream on cream for backgrounds, 2 1/2 yards of green for a friend, 2 two yard cuts of browns and 8 yards of 108" wide backing. The prices really are great. I paid $6.29/yard for fabric I would pay $9 or more a yard for in my LQS. The wide backing fabrics were $6.99 and 9.99/yard and are quality fabrics. I also bought a few rulers and tools.

I will definitely be going back again!!! It is worth the trip.

Marcia, the place is addictive! I can't believe you got all that done in 1 hour. DH will always go with me and carry my bolts. He always knows what to get me for all occasions, a trip to Mary Jo's!

I think we all need to plan a trip on the same day and meet up there. Wouldn't that be fun. Now that you have been there in person, you can feel good about going on line and buying from her.Her site is slow because of all the choices that you have, but fun to browse.

Post a pic of all your finds! Want to see!

:D :D

Ninnie
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 AM

Ditto re all of the great remarks about MaryJo's. Got to go there yesterday, on the way back from visiting my older brother in a nursing home in FL. The visit to the store got my mind off things. And, yes, it was overwhelming! Got there when the store opened, and MaryJo said, "Good Mornin"! She was wearing wrist braces and moving bolts of fabric. I couldn't believe it. I went over to her (having recognized her from the video on her website) and complimented her on her remarkable achievements. She was all business . . . but very polite. She must be at least 10 years' my senior, and I will be 67 in June! The place is amazing, and I managed to spend more than my "stimulus check." You gotta go!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Come right on QC, I'll fix you some biscuits and gravy! Maybe even take you for a ride on the 4-wheeler! Or maybe we'll just go to Mary Jo's and spend, spend, SPEND!

wow, we could make the biscuits and gravy, get hubbies and Mortimer, all full...he does get full, doesn't he? lol!...and then me and you slip off to Mary Jo's...woo hoo...don't wait supper on us...we'll eat when we get done shopping...if, we get done :wink:

Ninnie
Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie

wow, we could make the biscuits and gravy, get hubbies and Mortimer, all full...he does get full, doesn't he? lol!...and then me and you slip off to Mary Jo's...woo hoo...don't wait supper on us...we'll eat when we get done shopping...if, we get done :wink:

Ninnie

You know we could turn this into a all night excursion, stay in a 4 star hotel , maybe even get one of those fancy massages! You know , room service and the whole 9 yards! :lol: :lol:

Ah, aren't dreams fun! :wink:

Yes Mortimer does get full, loves my biscuits! Begs for em.!

Ninnie