Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
trouble feel my pain >

trouble feel my pain

trouble feel my pain

Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 PM

IMHO: I don't think I would buy a machine that does both embroidery and sewing. If one element breaks down you're without your entire ability to sew while it's being repaired. Hey it might be worth having the machine checked by a technician. It it's less than a new one... then you'd have a back up. I've seen some used machines on Craigs list for reasonable prices too. I'd keep saving for that embroidery machine and find the cheapest way to replace the machine for now. I have three brothers and 2 old 221 singers. One of the Brothers is the 660PE (I think) Embroidery machines. I paid @$700 but just saw one on Houston Craigs list for $400. I love mine check them out while you're looking. Good luck which ever way you go

p.s. Extension cords are great for adding slack to your machines cord
Old 08-09-2012, 02:52 AM

So sorry. I probably would have broke down and cried.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 AM

My Bernina 153QE suffered a similar fall several years ago. How DD's cat - who weighed less than 10 lbs. - knocked it off the table onto the concrete floor, I don't know. It took me longer than 30 minutes to pick it up - I went to work and fretted all day. Amazingly, the machine suffered no ill effects. That incident - along with a couple of brief flings with another brand - have made me a convicted Bernina girl.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:48 AM

Funeral services for my Brother machine are pending.[/QUOTE]

In lieu of flowers please send fat quarters.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by sassey View Post
Today while I was piecing I must of somehow got the cord to my foot peddle wound around my roll around sewing chair. I was just getting up when I heard a big thump my sewing machine ended up on my cement floor. At that point just took a deep breath and went into other room, Aprox. 30 minutes later I went back and picked up my machine the bobbin cover flew off, the light wouldnt come on and of course the machine wont work anymore. i had been trying to save up for an embroidery machine now it looks like I will have to buy a replacement for my regular machine with what little I have saved. I should of know better and should of been more careful.
Funeral services for my Brother machine are pending.

I've killed a couple irons doing that---------so far, not a sewing machine. Sorry to hear your loss!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 AM

After tripping myself several times I now wrap the cord around the leg of the table...sure has helped prevent a fall.

Sorry about your machine, hope it can be fixed so you can keep saving for that embroidery machine, they're lots of fun.

Viv
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 AM

Oh boy...sorry for your loss!
This happens to me all the time with my cord for my iron getting wrapped around the wheel of my chair. I have one of those cord thingys but didn't like it. I'm going to be very careful...if my sewing machine fell I'd be so sad : (
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 AM

My condolences go out to you. When I read your post, my heart ached for you. There can be many days when I don't sit at my machine, but I can't imagine not having her there for when I do decide to hang with her. I hope you can get another replacement soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:10 AM

Oh, Sassy, I'm so sorry for your loss! Several times a day I have visions of doing something just like that because I have to run an extension cord to one of my machines. I am continually checking it, but I know that I will forget one of these days. Wish you were close I would give you one of my old machines to tide you over.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 AM

So sorry to hear of your machine's demise! I, too, dropped my machine (a 401-A Singer) onto the floor of my studio (not concrete, however). It wouldn't work. My Singer repairman was able to get the gears going again, replaced a couple of broken things, and she is as good as new. Good luck!