Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: True Confessions

quilt patterns in books, magazines, ones I buy on sale or with coupon, and print from the free pattern sites....I will never ever make them all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cizzors
    I also have too much blue....Splain something to me-I hate blue. No blue in the house, don't wear it (except for jeans), I even had my boy dog on a hot pink leash (don't ask)!. Why is it that when I start a new project, If I'm not looking for a green, I'm always reaching for a blue before any other color?

BTW-I hate blue!!! :roll:
    You mention that your dog has a hot pink leash.....My poodle has a HOT PINK doggie bed!!! And he uses it. Last time I vacuumed my floor, I tossed all of his gazillion toys into his bed and sure enough when he was ready to get into his bed he hauled every single one of those toys out and crawled in his bed. My husband tells me that I give that poodle a complex because his beds pink. I tell him THE DOG DOESN'T KNOW ITS PINK!!!

Oh and I have to many freckles. Freckles all over. And dust bunnies.

Blog Entries
    Socks, socks, and more socks.

Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    batiks well over 800 yards in my stash
    Wow...is it really possible to have too much batik...LOL...I would LOVE to see THAT stash!! :)

A quilter with too many batiks? I would love to help you out with your "problem'! My batik stash is usually the first one to go.

I have too many fabrics that went out of style before I used them. I don't like them anymore. The new fabrics are just so exciting. That sounds like a good challenge, to use up all unwanted fabrics. I can always donate the quilts!

Patterns - from magazines and from the net. I used to have a stack of magazines that was about 8' tall until I tore out the patterns I liked. Now it's about half that tall (gonna get them organized and filed one of these days:) I cant' tell you how many magabites of patterns I have saved on the computer!!!

I'll never have time to make all of them (or even 10% of them!), but I sure like looking at them. Stash and other things are under contol - for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MDMPanther
    Wow...is it really possible to have too much batik...LOL...I would LOVE to see THAT stash!! :)
    I was cruising through the topic, loving all the responses thinking, "whew" I'm glad that's not me - then I saw this and gasped...gulped and thought, "gosh I wish that was me" I agree! There is no such thing as "too many batiks!" Pinks and reds are my favorite ever - Heaven, I'm guessing, is wall-to-wall pink and red batiks! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
    Okay, get ready for this one. What is the one thing that you have too much of? If it's fabric, be as specific as you dare......in my case it's blue fabric. I re-bought (don't you love that word) some fabric that I'd already purchased only a few months ago. Blue, of course, because having twice as much blue as any other color is not something I should consider before making a purchase. I guess if there's still some of that same blue at the LQS, I'll probably buy some more. If it's on sale, I'll buy a full yard!

Your turn.....what do you have too much of?
    Even though they are all different I also have too much blue and green as well. I have to find a quilt that uses both of those colors to get the stash down a little.(lot more.)

I do wish I could say it's fabric, but in all honesty I have to say that it's what I put on my chair when I sit down to sew.There's a few pounds too much of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    Ideas. I have more ideas than I'm ever going to get to in my lifetime!
    Like! Like! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    Too many 30s and hunting for more of them too.
    It's like a personal obsession.
    Okay....I may show my ignorance here....what's a "30"?

Me, I'm a 30. LOL, I think she means reproduction fabrics from the 30's.

can you every have too many quilt books??? I have a ton - but still buy every one I find that I can afford.

Ditto for me!

Green fabric.Don't ask me why.I don't even like the color green that much :?:

Double Knits -- all colors and kinds left over from my dressmaking days--I seem to have bought a lot of it before my brain caught up with the fact I was not making clothes anymore. Anyone have an idea of who would want it???

Blog Entries
    I would love to help you downsize :lol:

Blog Entries
    quilting books and little scrips of fabric.

My weekness is quilt kits. I used to never buy them and now seem like everytime I go in the quilt shop she has another kit that I just can't do without. So far I have made one of them and probably have 50 or more plus backing fabric. She gives a 20% discount on the backing if you buy it when you buy the kit.

Dust! I hate to clean!!

Aw, cctx, you can NEVER have too many 30s!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Maybe small pieces of batting. I should find a project that uses small pieces in some sort of quilt as you go quilt. Then again, they are stored on the top shelf out of the way in my fabric room, so there's no hurry!
    I can't seem to discard batting scraps. I can think of all sorts of things to use them for, but when will I have the time to make bookmarks, quilt as you go blocks, purse and bag straps, etc. Woe is me.

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by DoraElizondo
    I do wish I could say it's fabric, but in all honesty I have to say that it's what I put on my chair when I sit down to sew.There's a few pounds too much of me.
    OMG Dora - ME TOO - but our crazy LOVE of this hobby we're following (quilting) CERTAINLY DOES NOT HELP our posteriors either does it (it's hard to make myself get up from the quilt frame, sewing machine, etc. - or leave this quilt msg board - to make yourself go for a walk) :oops:

Too many boxes of fabric waiting to be unpacked from my move last year. I am needing to build shelves to put it all on. Then I will decide what I have too much of!!!

Blog Entries
    Silk....... embroidered silk, variegated silk, all kinds of silk. I have 2 HUGE bags of 12'x12" and bigger samples given to me by a drapery guy going out of business. They are so beautiful but I am at a loss of what to do with them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast