Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tumbler Template Sale >

Tumbler Template Sale

Tumbler Template Sale

Old 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Iamquilter
I have an AccuCut tumbler. PM if interested.
I'm not sure because I get confused between Accuquilt and AccuCut, but I think the AccuCut dies are for paper. Is that right? I have the AccuQuilt, I don't do scrapbooking only sewing.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM

I just ordered one - price was back to $8.95 BUT I have been looking for one FOREVER!!! Unfortunately, I ordered fabric too, so DH will be wondering once again why I need more. Oh well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM

I would like to try the tumbler block. Another project on my to do list!!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Carol W
I would like to try the tumbler block. Another project on my to do list!!
Go ahead and try one or two. You'll see how fast you can fly through a whole bunch of them. I use my large scraps and fold them over and just cut two tumblers at a time because I like a scrappy look to my quilts. It helps reduce the scrap pile! Of course you DO end up with smaller scraps, sigh ....
I make the very simplest quilt with them. No sashing, just one simple border and the binding, then tie or you could handquilt. With the handquilting I would do a primitive style using perle cotton. Yum-yum. Beautiful!

8-)
Old 04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Power Poster

What a fun, fast quilt! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Thanks so much for giving me an idea of what to do with all the cat litter buckets! (I have six persian cats) I used to store my scraps in them. This is better!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:52 AM

I have a small tumbler template and a WIP, charm scrappy tumbler quilt. I need 4" squares so my template must be about 3.5 inches. I layer about 4 -5 fabrics and cut them out. Place a small matt on top of a larger one, and the smaill one will turn, just like a rotating cutting mat.

Speaking of Accuquilt, anyone have the drunkard path 7" template they would like to sell?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewingmom3
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
^^^The tidy cat...get the one that is the milky-colored plastic that is kinda like a milk jug, not the yellow one. You can TOTALLY see through it.

:D
That means that I would have to go get a cat first :shock:
I have a couple you can have,(cats,not lids) :)
Old 04-17-2011, 06:16 AM

I traced one out of a magazine before Christmas and made tumbler table runners. Remember when we used cardboard, replaced when worn out, then the template plastic was wonderful, and of course old X-ray film if you could get your hands on it. Lids and plates for circles???? Making up patterns, not buying them all???? Quilting does not HAVE to always be expensive!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by MissQuilter
I traced one out of a magazine before Christmas and made tumbler table runners. Remember when we used cardboard, replaced when worn out, then the template plastic was wonderful, and of course old X-ray film if you could get your hands on it. Lids and plates for circles???? Making up patterns, not buying them all???? Quilting does not HAVE to always be expensive!!!!!
I sure DO remember all of those things and more!! And I still use some of them. I have a whole collection of lids in different sizes that I use for circles. I also used to cut templates out of old oatmeal lids. They lasted longest of all, I think. I tried old exray film, but found it to be too thin. When I first started quilting I did what my mom had always done, and used all the things she used to use. She also used old stuff like towels and worn blankets in place of batting. And she never used a pattern in her life. She'd get a kick out of all the patterns used today.
But I know my mom would also love all the wonderful things we have today to make quilting more pleasurable. Like heavy duty plastic templates and rulers. Things that hardly ever wear out and make your quiltmaking faster and more fun. My mom made quilts just because we needed them to keep us warm. She didn't make them just for the pleasure it gave her. Store bought blankets cost too much for a big family to be able to afford. Now, more often, we make quilts to fill a need that we have, to be creative and to share our creativity with family and friends.
8-)