Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: turning twenty??

Blog Entries
    I keep reading about a turning twenty pattern? What exactly is this?

Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....u=&sr=true&s=5
    More than you really wanted to know:):)

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....u=&sr=true&s=5
    More than you really wanted to know:):)
    The site's search function is pretty great, isnit it? :)

ha ha ha....see how much i know...when i read the title I thought you might be bummed out at turning 20 yrs old...he he he...you see the big 6-0 is coming up in December and i keep thinking about that big number...just thought i would tell you how lucky you are but it wasn`t about that at all........dang my head is playing games with me...must be my age!! ha ha ha!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ragqueen03
    :mrgreen:

I have seen many of these done up. I do not care for the pattern. Too many big pieces. My friends seem to think they need 20 different fat quarters for this and its just awful. Looks like a run away train wreck. Just my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    ha ha ha....see how much i know...when i read the title I thought you might be bummed out at turning 20 yrs old...he he he...you see the big 6-0 is coming up in December and i keep thinking about that big number...just thought i would tell you how lucky you are but it wasn`t about that at all........dang my head is playing games with me...must be my age!! ha ha ha!!!
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing, only I keep seeing the 5-0 number coming around the bend...... Gotta check this pattern out tho.

I love this pattern, made 2 so far and my friend made one scrappy! That is one of my next projects! Right after my boss's quilt that will be a Christmas gift. Gee, I need to get started. So many quilts on my list to make!

Pds
    Actually I have made several and I like them for fast quilts. The fabric though makes the quilt! I saw one made of all neutrals (beiges/tans/off whites) as a wedding quilt, and it was absolutely beautiful. It was a perfect canvas for some beautiful quilting. I have made one and appliqued desden plates on top and it doesn't look bad at all---after I get it quilted I will post it.

Again, that is what makes our art so much fun---it is full of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen
    I have seen many of these done up. I do not care for the pattern. Too many big pieces. My friends seem to think they need 20 different fat quarters for this and its just awful. Looks like a run away train wreck. Just my opinion.
    *snicker*
    I'm not partial to the pattern either, but that's just me! Though every time I hear/see it, you'll have me smiling and thinking ..... runaway train wreck!!!!!!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Pds
    Actually I have made several and I like them for fast quilts. The fabric though makes the quilt! I saw one made of all neutrals (beiges/tans/off whites) as a wedding quilt, and it was absolutely beautiful. It was a perfect canvas for some beautiful quilting. I have made one and appliqued desden plates on top and it doesn't look bad at all---after I get it quilted I will post it.

I'll agree on that ..... as is with many patterns ..... we can make or break a pattern with the right/wrong fabrics!

Quote Originally Posted by Pds

Just added beiges/tans/white turning twenty to my list, how beautiful that would be! The list just never ends, but this has got to be one for at the top of the list! I do love that pattern. When quilted they are beautiful! I dont' have loads of free time to quilt so this is great for me!

Take a look at this! Who doesn't love this!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-149234-1.htm

I love this pattern for quick gifts, if you use big prints it is perfect. For the newbie it is something you can make and finish and be proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234Irene
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing, only I keep seeing the 5-0 number coming around the bend...... Gotta check this pattern out tho.
    :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I think the person who created this pattern has written 3 books, so there are quite a few different designs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen
    I have seen a lot of different patterns that I think are train wrecks. It really depends on fabric choices and arrangement of colors.