Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows on quilting

Banned
    Thanks for listing these . I have directv and can get the one on BYU station . The others I can't get . All the good ones have been taken off air ! My PBS channel had some and then took them off , BOO ! Annie

Thanks Prism - There IS a RFD on 231 - but its greened out - so I can't get it -

Quote Originally Posted by Seanette
    I managed to dredge up Fons & Porter on PBS, but based on the one episode I've seen, that show's all about all the high-priced tools/toys with not a lot of interest in the quilter with a less than bottomless wallet.
    Yes, they use fancy tools but I've gotten some good ideas from them too. I like the part where they read the hints people write in.

Quote Originally Posted by newestnana
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanette
    I managed to dredge up Fons & Porter on PBS, but based on the one episode I've seen, that show's all about all the high-priced tools/toys with not a lot of interest in the quilter with a less than bottomless wallet.
    Yes, they use fancy tools but I've gotten some good ideas from them too. I like the part where they read the hints people write in.
    Don't think that showed up in the episode I watched. I'll give it a few more as a fair chance (could have just caught an "off" one).

Couldn't identify Martha Pullen's show on BYU-TV. What's the title?

Martha's Sewing Room

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1219
    Martha's Sewing Room
    Thanks. I've told my DVR to grab that for me. I'd seen the title listed, but wasn't sure I had the right show (didn't want to wind up watching Martha Stewart, whom I personally find rather irritating).

I didn't realize others don't like her, too!!! Someone once said I was "like Martha"......I bit her head off!!! I felt bad, but do NOT compare me to that woman! (and that was BEFORE she went to prison) :mrgreen:

Banned
    I can't stand her either . I bought some of her crappy garden seeds a few yrs ago . Big mistake , didn't even grow ! Good stuff , huh ? Annie

Yeah, that was an everyday program for me. That wasn't very nice to take it away!!!

Not Martha Stewart; I meant Simply Quilts.

Blog Entries
    So I found the Quilt in a Day show on the RFD channel and sat there eagerly waiting for quilting inspiration. I lasted all of 10 minutes before I changed the channel. How anyone can handle the Eleanor Burns WHINE is beyond me. Nice lady - but her voice and oh so cutiepie mannerisms....gag me!

Eleanor Burns was a special eds teacher before quilting so it shows in her teaching.
    She is corney but she grows on you as her personality comes out. She is not greedy like Fons and Porter or Alex Anderson.
    Both of those charge for their programing on the web.
    Fons and Porter bought Qnntv and started charging for it.
    It was free for a long time before they bought it.
    You will notice El Burns shows are on Quilterstv and on her website and on RFD and all free.

I agree with "Boo to HGTV" for taking off Simply Quilts. We seem to have lost several quilt shows about the same time. I guess the media doesn't worry about how many quilters are in the country. I watch Eleanor Burns on RFD too, and Fons & Porter on Sat on PBS when they are not fund raising. Don't watch Alex on line - Ricky??????
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Alex charges a fortune for thier website. Over 20 dollars for a few months. Im sure she took her show off TV so she could make money on line instead.

how in the world did you find out it was on there?

ooooooooooooooooh I love all these quilters - but there is one voice that is like fingernails on the chalkboard - and she never lets anyone talk without HER interrupting - I can't think of her name right now - but she is President of Education with Husqvarna Viking.

Blog Entries
    sewing with nancy is a good one, also i find one called
    America Sews with Sue Heisman (the last name maybe be wrong, but its close) should be able to find it with just the america sews with sue...here with our Dish it is on the local PBS station on saturdays at 4.
    i used to LOVE watchind simply quilts at 9 am every morning and it broke my heart when it got canceled. i know lots have sprung up on the internet but there seems to always be (join/membership) conditions in order to watch the shows and some are way out of my ability to afford, and one year i did join one of them and found in the whole year i actually watched maybe 1/2 a dozen times so decided it definitly was not the way for me to catch shows.

All our local PBS stations have canceled all the sewing shows. When we called and ask why, they said there was more demand for cartoons and children's programs. I watch most of them on my internet.

Our ASG chapter used to support their stations and even did telethons for them, Not any more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    Alex charges a fortune for thier website. Over 20 dollars for a few months. Im sure she took her show off TV so she could make money on line instead.
    in defense of Alex,...
    she did not 'take' her show off so she could join Ricky Timms, HGTV canceled the show, after determining that we quilters are really an insignificant percentage of viewers...she did not join forces in a different direction until she was forced out!
    and yes, i agree...the Quilt Show is too expensive to join for lots of us...they do offer a free limited membership that does offer some good stuff, i visit their site very regularly but wont join because i don't believe i would take advantage of the offerings enough to justify the cost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    in defense of Alex,...
    she did not 'take' her show off so she could join Ricky Timms, HGTV canceled the show, after determining that we quilters are really an insignificant percentage of viewers...she did not join forces in a different direction until she was forced out!
    and yes, i agree...the Quilt Show is too expensive to join for lots of us...they do offer a free limited membership that does offer some good stuff, i visit their site very regularly but wont join because i don't believe i would take advantage of the offerings enough to justify the cost.

If you like Elanor Burns watch www.zeeltv.com
    Lots of guest there. Nancy Niemann too.
    Billy Lauder and so on.. the guest change form time to time

Boy you all have better cable channels than I do. I can get Fons and Porter maybe twice a month, Sewing with Nancy every Saturday and that's all I've been able to find.
    I used to get America Sews and Simply Quilts, never got Quilt in a Day though.
    My DD gets almost all the above on her cable.
    Although my cable does have 3 or 4 ESPNs....who needs that???
    Seems like men doing the programming for other men.
    How about a few channels just for us?
    And (I'm going to rant) why does baseball, football, golf etc pre-empt other shows coming on?
    I can just imagine if Sewing with Nancy (or one of the other craft shows) needed more time to finish a project and pre-empted something....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mar32428
    All our local PBS stations have canceled all the sewing shows. When we called and ask why, they said there was more demand for cartoons and children's programs. I watch most of them on my internet.

Our ASG chapter used to support their stations and even did telethons for them, Not any more.
    WHAT???? Cancelling ALL the sewing shows to put on CARTOONS?? What is the name of the one site online - something like zee1 or wee1 - Someone on the board told me about it - and it was great - but NOW I forgot. Do you know? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieF
    If you like Elanor Burns watch www.zeeltv.com
    Lots of guest there. Nancy Niemann too.
    Billy Lauder and so on.. the guest change form time to time
    THAT is
    what I was trying to find again - zeeltv.com!! Thanks!

Have you seen the ones on the internet? QNN.com, thequiltshow.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast