Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 12-31-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltruth
I just joined so that I could participate in this since I have many UFOs and this challenge may help me complete some of them. Thanks.
Glad to have you join us!!! Welcome!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:20 AM

I lost count of the number of tops I have done. That seems to be where I get stuck. I hate the actual quilting part. But I love to piece the tops.

I have at least one for each month so I'm in.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Y'all sound like you have a ball. I'd like a clue to what UFO is and all your 'abc' in text. I am not someone who picks up on the abbreviations easily. Thanks [email protected]
UFO Un-Finished-Object
WIP Work-In-Progress
BOM Block-Of the-Month

I'm in. Maybe this is what I need to give me a kick on the bottom to get busy and finish all these half-done projects. Do they have to be quilts? I also have some bags cut out and ready to assemble.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by mrspete
Y'all sound like you have a ball. I'd like a clue to what UFO is and all your 'abc' in text. I am not someone who picks up on the abbreviations easily. Thanks [email protected]
UFO Un-Finished-Object
WIP Work-In-Progress
BOM Block-Of the-Month

I'm in. Maybe this is what I need to give me a kick on the bottom to get busy and finish all these half-done projects. Do they have to be quilts? I also have some bags cut out and ready to assemble.

That was my question, too: Do they have to be quilts? I've got 3 quilts, a table runner, pillows, and a shower curtain in my pile of UFOs
Old 12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Ha-ha-ha-hyperventilating a little. Trying the lamaze breathing- hehehe-hahaha-hehehe Nope, doesn't work. All my good intentions.......hell in a hand-basket. MELTDOWN - aaaarrrggghhhh! Laying down and curling up in fetal position. Sucking my thumb and calling for a mommy.

OK, all better now. Have to catalog my UFOs and WIPs. Does that count? lol
Old 12-31-2009, 11:31 AM

That was my question, too: Do they have to be quilts? I've got 3 quilts, a table runner, pillows, and a shower curtain in my pile of UFOs[/quote]

I stand corrected; I just took inventory and my UFO list is comprised of: 2 bed quilts, 1 lap quilt, 2 table runners, 1 wall hanging, pillows, and a shower curtain. Id like to give this a try, so count me IN! I'm on my way to my sewing room right now and am going to work on a cute flannel snowman lap quilt that I started in Fall 2008!!! It's petal to the metal!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:35 AM

Hi,
just a suggestion for UFOs that you don't like any more -

How about turning the top you don't like into something brand new.
Maybe cut it into diamonds and put it back together again?

How about cutting it into 6 or 8 pieces, turn each piece 90 degrees, and then put it back together?

How about using the top as fabric, and cut it into a jacket or vest?

I just did a crazy quilt jacket - I love the finished product. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to verify the size on the pattern, so now I can't wear the jacket I just made - it is too small for me. Any body interested in a new jacket?

Casa Manana
Old 12-31-2009, 11:52 AM

I am definitely up for the challenge! One of my New Years resolutions is to clean, organize, and set up my new sewing/crafting area, so that I can get to my UFO's and give them away for 2010 gifts. Thanks for the incentive of this challenge....just what I needed to dig in and Git 'Er Done! lmbo
DeeDee
Old 12-31-2009, 01:00 PM

I have too many to count. If I join and get some of them done, I will be sooooo happy. I am in.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:36 PM

I know I won't be getting everything of mine all the way done through quilting/binding. Quilting a full size or larger bed quilt is too much for me - although I am intrigued by a method recently described here (divide into 3 parts, apply batting & quilt in sections). There are a couple that I know I will want to have sent out, which means saving up money.

That said, I am making a commitment to working on getting some UFO's done at least to the point of being ready to go as $ allows.

There is no way I am counting them. Although I do have enough digits to do so, it's still intimidating!