Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

I don't want to count my UFO's; know I will have enough for every month :roll: Now what should I finish first? Thanks for the challenge.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Administrator

"finished" means all the way done and ready to use.

personally, i also count as "finished" anything i've given or traded away because i know i'll never follow through with it until it's properly done. (i prefer to give rather than trade. if i trade then all i get for my trouble is another stinkin' UFO! :lol:

SWAPPING is NOT part of this challenge. naturally, if members want to trade between themselves that's just fine. i mean only that it isn't a part of this and should be done separately between individuals.

i'm gathering up all my WIPs and UFOs this week and working furiously to organize and inventory in preparation for this challenge. i'm even going to take "before" photos on 31 Dec so i'll know where i started the year on each project. i figure it will be a minor miracle if i don't end 2010 with the same number of UFOs or more. :lol:
Old 12-31-2009, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

since my machine is now in the shop for repairs i pulled out a wool hand applique project i started last winter, and put aside, (and i really should have done this last year...I am Lovin' it!) it is going to turn out FABULOUS!
so, i am on my way to finishing my first ufo for 2010!
it might take me most of the month, but oh so worth it!
it is so good to have all of you for incentive and just the right amount of (push) :)
Old 12-31-2009, 05:38 AM

Amma you can help with mine as I have some going back years and years as there is always something new to make. All those classes and all those starts. Now just what storage bin are they in? Seriously you can count me in on this challenge.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:30 AM

Looking at this challenge brought to mind all the projects that are UFOs, sitting around the house in their various containers... I feel so bad because I get a great idea, and get started, then get interrupted by life and the project gets set aside.

For instance, I have all the squares finished for a quilt for my parents - supposed to be for their 60th anniversary. Boy, am I bad... They celebrated their 66th in 2009. So that is my biggy this year, to finish that quilt. I hope that qualifies for this. It will probably be the only UFO I finish, because I will be adding pictures and handquilting.

If you'll let me in on the challenge with this goal, I'm in.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 AM

Y'all sound like you have a ball. I'd like a clue to what UFO is and all your 'abc' in text. I am not someone who picks up on the abbreviations easily. Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
For instance, I have all the squares finished for a quilt for my parents - supposed to be for their 60th anniversary. Boy, am I bad... They celebrated their 66th in 2009.
Lol! I was at a quilt guild event and our speaker showed a quilt. She said she started on it to be a gift for her sister's 2nd wedding... and finished it after her 3rd divorce.

Of course you can join!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 AM

Okay, I'm in, I'll fight my way into my sewing room.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 AM

Well, I don't really have any UFOs--unless a purse I started a few years ago qualifies. I don't have any quilting UFOs, but I do have a lot of not-even-started projects! I will have fun looking at all of your finished projects, tho! Onward & upward, ladies!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 AM

I just joined so that I could participate in this since I have many UFOs and this challenge may help me complete some of them. Thanks.