Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Tiffany
You will need one very dark half yard cut and a good light half yard cut. The other three half yard cuts should be in the medium value. This is your color palatte for the Challenge. :wink:
Are you going to give us the directions??? :D
I'll work up a tutorial, but it'll be awhile. I've got a week before my grandson comes for a 2 week visit. He's only 2 and a half and I have fibromyalgia so I may be dead by the end of those 2 weeks. A happy dead, but dead nonetheless! :lol:

And remember, a UFO is NOT something you start and keep working on until you are finished. We call those of you who do that overachievers here! :lol: A UFO has to be something that was set aside, for whatever reason, and hasn't been worked on for awhile. I leave it to you to decide what your version of awhile is. For me, that means more than 6 months. I've got a few of those, and a UFO that's about 18 years old. :roll:
Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Tiffany, I entirely understand what you're saying about having a 2-1/2 year old around. They sure are active little things. Brush up on your nursery rhymes, songs, get lots of books, cars, trucks. A little pool, a sand box. Be prepared to have your home taken over. Ask me how I know LOL
But they are so much fun.

I have so many things set aside, waiting to be completed. Some are so old that I'm surprised they don't have moth holes. What actually caused my UFO problem was switching rooms around when I had company about 10 years ago. I needed my sewing room to be a bedroom. I put all my sewing projects into those clear plastic storage containers and put them away for later. Later is just getting here. I could probably work on UFO's 'til the cows come home'.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I signed on in Jan., think I got a couple finished and then lost my get up and go. Need to get on board with my UFO's again.
You're not alone in that. I did Jan. and then fell off the wagon myself. Just lately got my rear in gear and back into the "quilting saddle". Some of my UFO's were as simple as pillow cases. So go for it - start on the small ones and the bigger ones will follow. I'm finally up through June. Got a couple more pics to post and then I'll look for July's. I got plenty to choose from..
Got 3 more June projects done and, even though they aren't big quilting projects, they are still UFO's from last year.

Table Topper #!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88843[/ATTACH]

Table Topper #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88844[/ATTACH]

Closeup of stitching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88845[/ATTACH]

Big bath towels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88846[/ATTACH]

Smaller bath towels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88850[/ATTACH]

Hand Towels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88853[/ATTACH]

And here are some kitchen towels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88858[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88838.jpe   attachment-88839.jpe   attachment-88840.jpe   attachment-88841.jpe   attachment-88845.jpe  

attachment-88848.jpe   attachment-88853.jpe  
Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM

Here are some reversible pants I cut out last year for the granddaughters but never did finish them. It's a pattern I got at Nancy's Notions and it's so fast and easy. I have a few more that were cut out but never finished.

Reversible pants, size 24 M and 2-3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88866[/ATTACH]

Closeup of cuffs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88869[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88861.jpe   attachment-88864.jpe  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:53 AM

What fun projects! I especially like those reversible pants for children. I hope the children haven't grown so much as to not fit into the pants. I'll bet they love them.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 AM

Wow, you've been busy! Those table toppers are so perfect with those tables! And I love the bath towels. I bet if you looked closely, my name is on them somewhere and you really should return them. :lol: The children's pants are too fun!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
What fun projects! I especially like those reversible pants for children. I hope the children haven't grown so much as to not fit into the pants. I'll bet they love them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, the one GD has grown a lot and won't be able to wear hers. But there are 3 behind her that will. The youngest just turned 2 and she's very petite. But I do need to get the rest done before they outgrow them.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM

what is a UFO?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ladyredhawk
what is a UFO?
Un-finished-object. Usually something that you started but didn't finish to completion. You just put it aside for whatever reason.

As opposed to a WIP - work in progress. Something that you are currently working on from start to finish.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by ladyredhawk
what is a UFO?
Un-finished-object. Usually something that you started but didn't finish to completion. You just put it aside for whatever reason.

As opposed to a WIP - work in progress. Something that you are currently working on from start to finish.

Hope this helps.
I thought I was the only one who didn't know what a UFO was. Perhaps we should start a thread about acronyms if there isn't one already?