Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge >

UFO Challenge

UFO Challenge

Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM

Oh Gail you should work on that! I made the quilt in my avatar from dd's baby clothes and that was the most rewarding things I've ever done. (and bonus it lead me here! yippie quilting!~ :D who knew!) It would be great to snuggle under your accomplishments, what a great reward for your efforts.

I just wanted to dart in with my day's progress.

I now have past the half way point on my 20 perinatal quilts. I currently I have 12 completely done, and four more tops ready to quilt! :D :D :D Thanks for sticking a needle in me Anne! :D I made one today that was completely inspired and is so pretty and soft, but I've promised myself no posting photos till both sets are completely done. :D
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

I have had several people asking me to send a picture of my UFO but I want to wait until I have it complete. I hope I don't give in...

Anne
Old 09-28-2008, 01:54 PM

I did it! I completed the Perinatal quilts today. Twenty is a lot of baby quilts! I feel like all I've done is quilt in my little corner of the world. LOL, I'm thinking I need to join a quilt so I can chat with ladies who understand me!

So here they are. All twenty, ready to wash and put in the mail. These are going off to Bridging People and Places Charity http://www.bridgingpeople.org.

While I was working on them I told the new machine to work on sewing the embroidery flowers for the Blue xmas quilt. I have 8 done out of the twenty I'd like to have in the quilt.

Here they are
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11765[/ATTACH]

This one is my personal favorite, I quilted all over it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11768[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11765.jpe   attachment-11768.jpe  
Old 09-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Great job, Elizabeth !! I was in my little cluttered corner ALL weekend, too. Still working on the UFO. Have four and 3/4 rows done. Then it'll be one more row to go until done. YIPPEE. Thanks to whoever it was that started this UFP challenge. I wonder what it would take for someone to offer a challenge for me to get that sewing room/craft room/yatayata room cleaned and organized.

When I say "done" I mean the top will be done. I didn't say anything about getting it sandwiched and quilted, did I? :roll:
Old 09-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

If the top is all you planned, then that is enough. Feels good doesn't it?

By the way it was me who put down this challenge. After this is done on New Year's Eve, who knows.............we may do another.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Thanks Gail. I'm glad to see them done, but I expected to get more enjoyment out of having it done. Perhaps I'll get that rush when I mail them at the post office. It's going to be a tight jam to get them all into one 12"X12"x5" flat rate box. I've been keeping them in that box, already labeled and good to go, but over the past couple of days they have been flowing out of the box quite a bit.

My next UFO is a blue Christmas quilt. As for my next charity project, I think I would like to make a child's quilt, but that is a project for another month. I had no idea how much time I had left on some of my UFO's, but hey you should know all about that starting from the ground up on your quilts.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:19 AM

All those little quilts are washed packed and taped up in a flat rate box to go! It's a nice little personal victory. The box in plum full. No plums in it of course. :)
Old 10-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

OK...tops done on my 2 UFOs. I'm taking the cat to a quilting class by Paula Reid on Tues. I'm thinking I'll piece the back on the bright ugly one and do just random free motion quilting...like spiral circles..hand prints..foot prints...cave style drawings like is on the outside border. Then...I'll try to figure out some way to get rid of it...it is really UGLY!!

Puddin'..my 1st attempt at applique (freestanding) started about a yr. ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19462[/ATTACH]

Really UGLY quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19462.jpe   attachment-19463.jpe  
Old 10-05-2008, 01:14 PM

You must have forgotten to post a picture because I'm not seeing an ugly quilt. :D They are both great looking. Did you use directions for the cat or is something you came up with on your own? It looks really great!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Okay, Sweetie!!! You can get rid of it by sending it to Oklahoma!! :wink: