Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ugh, I have a date.... >

Ugh, I have a date....

Ugh, I have a date....

Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM

with my seam ripper tonight. I have been working on a quilt for my husband since....forever ago. It has went from a WIP (I was activly working on it) to Hiding in the closet, back to a WIP, then back in the closet. Well yesterday after I finshed dads quilt I decided to pull the parts out and work on them.
Well the blocks were going to be 14.5 inch (unfinished) uneven log cabin blocks. The finished quilt was going to be 98x108". My husband likes REALLY big blankets. Well after seeing how HUGE my dads quilt is I have decided to reduce the size of my husbands quilt to 11.5 inch (unfinshed) blocks to make the finished quilt 77x88.
Well I already have several of the blocks done so I am going to have to remove one round of logs from each quilt!
However doing it this way I think I will have the gumption to actually FINISH this quilt instead of just dragging my feet every time I think about it!

I might even take my date out for a drink before we go to the movies! lol
Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Secure a designated driver.

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Nothing too wild tonight, okay???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM

I just got off a date with a seamripper, yep had to remove an intire border from a Queen size, what fun we had...
Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Don't let it be poking you!! LOL!!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
The stupid thing tried to, I said it was moving to fast and put it away! Maybe I will get the job done tomorrow. I did however get six blocks done. I only had ten to do so it wasn't to bad. I thought I had 15!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Originally Posted by cjomomma
The stupid thing tried to, I said it was moving to fast and put it away! Maybe I will get the job done tomorrow. I did however get six blocks done. I only had ten to do so it wasn't to bad. I thought I had 15!
:thumbup: ;-)
Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Do you need company? I need somewhere to place myself where nobody knows my name. Sounds like we both had one of those days. My taxi driver relishes "help" calls from me. There is just something charming about a man driving a white Dodge Stratus that picks you up and takes you home and you don't have to worry about what your new Mrs. name is.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM

I guess we've all had a seam ripping pity party on way more than one occasion. It's what I do most when sewing...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
with my seam ripper tonight. I have been working on a quilt for my husband since....forever ago. It has went from a WIP (I was activly working on it) to Hiding in the closet, back to a WIP, then back in the closet. Well yesterday after I finshed dads quilt I decided to pull the parts out and work on them.
Well the blocks were going to be 14.5 inch (unfinished) uneven log cabin blocks. The finished quilt was going to be 98x108". My husband likes REALLY big blankets. Well after seeing how HUGE my dads quilt is I have decided to reduce the size of my husbands quilt to 11.5 inch (unfinshed) blocks to make the finished quilt 77x88.
Well I already have several of the blocks done so I am going to have to remove one round of logs from each quilt!
However doing it this way I think I will have the gumption to actually FINISH this quilt instead of just dragging my feet every time I think about it!

I might even take my date out for a drink before we go to the movies! lol
yeah for the drink....I usually have my DH do my reverse sewing..bothers my eyes you know... ;)