Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UGH!!!!! >

UGH!!!!!

UGH!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:06 PM

May I vent please?? Why is it when Joann's gives you a 50 precent off coupon there are so many restrictions...? I hate it when I go there to use a coupon and any and everything I want is either already on "sale" or is not allowable for the coupon.. Just makes me so mad..Joann's is the only shop close to me and I hate it...
Ok I am better now...

Faye in Ohio
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM

I just went thru that at Michaels. Came home with lots and the coupon.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 PM

They didn't even send me a flyer this month! I'm really going to miss going to the store and coming out upset because I couldn't use my coupon. :thumbdown:
Old 06-20-2010, 04:23 PM

I usually use my coupons on things like batting or wide fabrics. When batting is not on sale I have gotten several yards of it with the coupon. Also I have gotten a pack of blades. It feels weird to go into a store and look for what is not for sale. Basically the coupons are a bait to get you into the store.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
They didn't even send me a flyer this month! I'm really going to miss going to the store and coming out upset because I couldn't use my coupon. :thumbdown:
:lol:

try being my age and dealing with coupons. i can't see the teeny tiny print anymore. i don't even know what they won't let me have. double-bummer :lol:
Old 06-20-2010, 04:50 PM

Any thing you really want.....tee hee....
Old 06-20-2010, 04:51 PM

I used my last 50% coupon last week for a bolt of Kona muslin. i had a client drop off 5 small tops without batting or backing, she said use muslin.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Happens to me too. What I want is either already on sale and I print the coupon for nothing or it's excluded. :(
Old 06-20-2010, 05:16 PM

I know what you mean. I went yesterday and the lady asked if I had the circular with my name on it? I said no, no need and she said well there is a lot of stuff 30% off and I said I know. I took the sign off the shelf where I got my six bolts to have cuttings done. And as I left the cutting table they tried to take my sign. At the register, the lady was frowning and saying well if you don't bring them in you won't get a (meaning a single discount) discount. I said, oh but, last week or last time I was here I had one of your infamous 50% off coupons and you took it off my spool of thread, not my seven yard purchase. She said oh you are wrong it always takes it off the highest purchased item. I said, H---, no it didn't. Your man here took it off the thread. I asked him and he said, 'that is the way it is done.' So she started to reach for the 30% off sign and I said, go ahead and ring up the purchase. So she did, and I asked how many 30% offs is listed? She said one. I said I bought six pieces from that section. NO WHERE does it say only one item. The whole shelf was 30% off and I expect you to cancel this purchase and RE RING IT. She did and she is much older and should have known better. I miss Piece Goods and some of the other older dry good stores. I got my 30% discount, but it is a shame you have to fight for discounts. Why be on a mailing list????? When it comes to bargain hunting, I need a license and a class with a certificate to present at purchase !

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 06-20-2010, 05:23 PM

They have put alot of their prices up too. Last time I used a coupon on binding clips, and they were $6.99 before the coupon and one can usually buy them for under $4 anywhere else.