Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UGH!!!!! >

UGH!!!!!

UGH!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Ours usually has the coupons in the store for you to use, but they ARE fussy about what you use them for arent they?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 AM

I know what you mean...usually EVERYTHING is on sale at JoAnn's! I did get a "craft table" there last week at half off ($65). I was afraid that it would be labeled as Sewing Machine department since you can't use the coupon for anything in that department! I apprevciate a good sale but with JoAnn's running month long sales, why don't they just reduce the price of fabric and not run these ads! It would save them money as they wouldn't have to print and mail all those flyers!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:10 PM

That happened to me too. But what I get with the 50% discount coupon is batting that usually cost $10.99 a yard. So I pay only $5.50 a yard. But most of the time when you want something good it is already on sale with only a 20% discount. Discouraging!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 PM

If I can't use the coupon for what I want because it's on sale -I just go home
Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Hey look at the bright side, at least ya had a coupon. I recently moved (the end of april) and I changed my address to the new house, I have still not gotten a flyer in the mail, nor am I getting emails from them. I asked the girl while I was there paying full price for fabric I NEEDED and she said wait six to eight weeks! so I have another week to wait and then sign up in store and wait another six to eight weeks!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I usually use my coupons on things like batting or wide fabrics. When batting is not on sale I have gotten several yards of it with the coupon. Also I have gotten a pack of blades. It feels weird to go into a store and look for what is not for sale. Basically the coupons are a bait to get you into the store.
I think you are so right about the coupons being tricks to lure us into the store. I carried my 50% coupon all around the store last wk. & couldn't find anything that wasn't already on sale. I ended up not using my coupon. I couldn't find anything I needed or don't already have.. Ok so I've already gotten a pk. of blades in the past but didn't this time. I'm such a dummy since I had to throw my coupon away. I won't do that again. Next time, it'll be a few yds. of batting. Or maybe another pk. of blades. LOL
Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I know what you mean. I went yesterday and the lady asked if I had the circular with my name on it? I said no, no need and she said well there is a lot of stuff 30% off and I said I know. I took the sign off the shelf where I got my six bolts to have cuttings done. And as I left the cutting table they tried to take my sign. At the register, the lady was frowning and saying well if you don't bring them in you won't get a (meaning a single discount) discount. I said, oh but, last week or last time I was here I had one of your infamous 50% off coupons and you took it off my spool of thread, not my seven yard purchase. She said oh you are wrong it always takes it off the highest purchased item. I said, H---, no it didn't. Your man here took it off the thread. I asked him and he said, 'that is the way it is done.' So she started to reach for the 30% off sign and I said, go ahead and ring up the purchase. So she did, and I asked how many 30% offs is listed? She said one. I said I bought six pieces from that section. NO WHERE does it say only one item. The whole shelf was 30% off and I expect you to cancel this purchase and RE RING IT. She did and she is much older and should have known better. I miss Piece Goods and some of the other older dry good stores. I got my 30% discount, but it is a shame you have to fight for discounts. Why be on a mailing list????? When it comes to bargain hunting, I need a license and a class with a certificate to present at purchase !

Blessings,
Ruth
Hooray for you, Ruth. You are my hero. I can just see you running around the store with that 30% off sign. I ran into something like that just buying scrapbooking paper. Some sheets were 5 for $1 but the others in the same row were full price. How can you poss. know. Got to read the sm. print if there is any. It wasn't enough to fuss about but had it been for more, I would have just left them.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM

I used my 50% off coupon and purchased a really nice OttLite floor lamp. I can't believe what a great light it is and how much difference it makes.......without the coupon I never would have paid full price. Sometimes you just have to have a wish list. LOL
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Hey look at the bright side, at least ya had a coupon. I recently moved (the end of april) and I changed my address to the new house, I have still not gotten a flyer in the mail, nor am I getting emails from them. I asked the girl while I was there paying full price for fabric I NEEDED and she said wait six to eight weeks! so I have another week to wait and then sign up in store and wait another six to eight weeks!
Have you tried to e-mail them and explain your situation?? They would probably send them via e-mail. Just an idea?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lori L
I used my 50% off coupon and purchased a really nice OttLite floor lamp. I can't believe what a great light it is and how much difference it makes.......without the coupon I never would have paid full price. Sometimes you just have to have a wish list. LOL
Lori, I looked at the Ott lights. Do you all use the table top one or the floor models? My store was out of the floor ones. I wouldn't pay their reg. price either.