Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UGH!!!!! >

UGH!!!!!

UGH!!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM

We have two JoAnn's; one is awful, and one is wonderful. It is just the people that they hire. I am very lucky to live close to the wonderful JoAnn's.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by Lori L
I used my 50% off coupon and purchased a really nice OttLite floor lamp. I can't believe what a great light it is and how much difference it makes.......without the coupon I never would have paid full price. Sometimes you just have to have a wish list. LOL
Lori, I looked at the Ott lights. Do you all use the table top one or the floor models? My store was out of the floor ones. I wouldn't pay their reg. price either.
Pat, I wanted the light to sit beside my chair for when I was hand quilting so I got a floor model. I like it so well that I'm waiting for another 50% off coupon and plan on buying a table model to sit beside my sewing machine. :) It's really hard to believe this light can make such a big difference!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:04 PM

I save dimes & when I get a jar full I put them in rolls & use that for fabric. I took several rolls, with my name address & phone # on them,to JoAnn's & the person at the counter said they couldn't except them. I told her that they are legal tender & she either had to except them or my items are free & if she didn't think so then call the police & we'll see. She ended up calling the manager & I had no problem using them with her. after that, I never saw that person working there again. My bad?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:38 PM

I find that I have to be very careful of the dates on the coupons. I have to travel for over an hour to get to the store only to discover that the coupon has expired or not usable until next week. Be careful with fabric. Joananns carry good quility and not so good quality.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I used my last 50% coupon last week for a bolt of Kona muslin. i had a client drop off 5 small tops without batting or backing, she said use muslin.
Tell me, how much yardage is on a bolt?

I noticed that on the coupon, it says for 10 yard maximum..do they allow the 50% off on the entire bolt when it has more than the 10 yards?

Thanks, mj
Old 06-22-2010, 04:06 AM

I finaly wised up with them, and scored this weekend. I used 6- 50% off coupons. I bought Black and white Kona fabric that I use a lot of for sashing got it for $3.00 a yard, and they had some Jelly rolls that were 24.95 that I got for 12.95. That and some batiks prepackaged brights usually sell for 7.99 got them for $4.00. So you just have to know that your not going to get much fabric cause most is always at 30% and that does not leave much. But for the most part they don't have the Kona brand on sale. So I stock up on the solids when ever I can.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 AM

Oh yeah! I have two Joann's close to me and ususally have to go to both to use all the coupons. But they will allow me to use mutiple coupons as long as they come from different sources. I used one from their flyer, one from the flyer they sent me and I printed one from the net, than I hit both stores on Sat. and Saved almost $100.00, so how much did I have to spend to save that. LOL :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 04:49 AM

That happened to me this week and I was upset too. Guess that is their way to get you to buy something more expensive. Although their prices are all going up.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM

Be careful of the "buy one-get one free" sales. Even though it didnt say it on the coupon, they always "give" you the cheapest thing on your bill as a free item. I tried to buy two stablizer rolls, and instead they gave me a pack of pins as my free item. I have learned that I have to ring some things up as seprate transactions to get a true buyone-get one free.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:23 AM

Went to JoAnn's yesterday and the regional manager was there greeting people. I made a comment about the coupons and found something interesting. Even if something is marked 20% or 30% off you can use your coupon to get 50% or in my case 50% OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE. I actually used my coupon on scissors I really wanted and got my 50% off even though they were marked down 20%. Still saved me big time.