Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ugly fabric adoption thread >

Ugly fabric adoption thread

Ugly fabric adoption thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by collettakay
Now I have to go find a picture of the Land O Lakes Maiden.
Collettakay, we used to cut a square of her knees off one side of the box, and then very carefully cut along the sides and bottom of the box she is holding on the other side, so that you could flap it up, and glue the knees on the inside so they showed through the flap when you raised it. Okay, so I've been perverted since childhood. My favorite jokes are STILL the "Mommy! Mommy!" jokes!

Angie, I work in ICU. So most of my patients aren't awake enough to appreciate that kind of stuff. But for those that are, I've found that laughter is indeed the best medicine!
I do NOT want to ever go to ICU ...

<and, my mother thinks >I< am earthy! I do believe that I have met my match :shock: Now! I am shocked!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Banned

Woops, obviously I messed up the quote part. I guess it's time to go to bed. I'll check back with you guys this afternoon. I can't WAIT to see what's said in the meantime.

Collettakay, I know that you are on your way to the grocery store! Heehee.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by collettakay
Now I have to go find a picture of the Land O Lakes Maiden.
Collettakay, we used to cut a square of her knees off one side of the box, and then very carefully cut along the sides and bottom of the box she is holding on the other side, so that you could flap it up, and glue the knees on the inside so they showed through the flap when you raised it. Okay, so I've been perverted since childhood. My favorite jokes are STILL the "Mommy! Mommy!" jokes!

Angie, I work in ICU. So most of my patients aren't awake enough to appreciate that kind of stuff. But for those that are, I've found that laughter is indeed the best medicine!
I agree that laughter is the best medicine.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by omak
DOn't forget - - the tips are green
EEEEWWWWWWWWW! Now that's just wrong. Ok, then penicillin fabric it is!
]
I just about lost it with this one............would've had to explain my laughing to a room of boys. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Banned

I do NOT want to ever go to ICU ... !

Wait, it can be fun. The other night I showed a couple of my co-workers "The Straw Trick". This is a GREAT trick, and will make you an immediate favorite with small children of the male persuasion, about 5-12 years of age.

Take one Bendy Straw. Must be bendy. Put the end of the straw in your armpit, a little past center, not too far or close to the back of your arm. Hold your arm down, but not tight. Now blow on the straw. Instant entertainment. I became my 7 year-old nephew's favorite aunt over this one (The mother of two boys that age showed it to me--yes, another nurse). Of course, my sister, and the nuns at his school were less than thrilled, but, hey, what are aunts for?!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:47 AM

We used to do that with the Land of Lakes lady too!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by beachlady
We used to do that with the Land of Lakes lady too!
AHA!! Vindication!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

Kwhite, you fiend you!!! I almost snorted soda out my nose when I saw that fabric. Now mind you, I'm a nurse and tend to see shapes of body parts. Take a closer look. :shock: I am still ROTFLMAO.
Oh good - I'm not the only one ROFL.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 AM

I do NOT want to ever go to ICU ... !

Wait, it can be fun. The other night I showed a couple of my co-workers "The Straw Trick". This is a GREAT trick, and will make you an immediate favorite with small children of the male persuasion, about 5-12 years of age.

Take one Bendy Straw. Must be bendy. Put the end of the straw in your armpit, a little past center, not too far or close to the back of your arm. Hold your arm down, but not tight. Now blow on the straw. Instant entertainment. I became my 7 year-old nephew's favorite aunt over this one (The mother of two boys that age showed it to me--yes, another nurse). Of course, my sister, and the nuns at his school were less than thrilled, but, hey, what are aunts for?!
I can see where mothers cringe as they see you coming, with a smile on your beautiful face. All that friendly, and the nurse is DEMENTED! <g>
I think you are a good candidate for some slab work, since NOTHING clears the brain like some good hard work and fresh air <g>.
I just cannot tell you how the thought with an ICU with you as a nurse makes me determine to move my fine figure of a woman I have become and dwindle her a bit! ROFLOL ...
Old 05-29-2009, 08:55 AM

P. S. What are we going to do for the "winner(?)" of this fine contest?
ANd, where is the woman who started all of this ... I notice she is strangely silent <g>

I know! She is plotting her next thought-provoking input. I can feel it in my old bones ... any moment now ....