Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ugly Quilt

Yep, I made an ugly dresden and never finished it. Won't either!

Yours doesn't look bad.

I really like the pattern and it looks like it was very time consuming. Maybe the colors could have cooperated a little better but all in all I think it is a nice quilt. If I were cold and you offered me that quilt to snuggle up in, I would think it the most beautiful quilt on earth!

Banned
    hey i like it....... :D

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    OK quilt4u...I'm stepping out here and agreeing with you...LOL, LOL...that is 1 ugly quilt :wink: That being said...I have 1 that is uglier! I won't even uncover it to let anyone seee it! So, you may be the proud owner of an ugly quilt, but at least you are brave enough to show it :lol: :lol:
    I'm with Sandpat. :lol: :lol: :lol: I like your style quilt4u. You are one brave lady.

But remember what is ugly to one is pretty to another. :D

Nice pattern. What is it?
    :D :D :D :D I so love to hear the responses from everyone! It is prove positive that everyone's opinion is perfectly wonderfully theirs! I agree with sandpat and sewsewquilter! Not the prettiest one I've ever seen, but I have seen worse. Here's an idea, try it again with different colors and placement and see how it turns out! :D

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    The first quilt I made my oldest daughter turned out really ugly. I didn't like the colors or the pattern after I was done. Told her I would make another one that was nicer. She told me its warm and every night she covers up with it she can feel the love I put in it and she knows she is loved. What a great kid. But it still is ugly.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: What a sweet child!! She's a keeper!

Really it's not too bad but I'm still learning. I think had you just placed the blocks different it would have been better. I guess that is why they came out the the quilting software to stop opps like that. Well, if anything someone would love it at the homeless shelter. Nice tax rightoff too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the complements; But this was my 2end quilt and my first time to free motion quilting with out a walking foot too. What a mess at the bottom. But I don't let anything go to waste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2