Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Unique ways to display your finished quilts >

Unique ways to display your finished quilts

Unique ways to display your finished quilts

Old 01-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by billyev
I have used a ladder, closed and leaned up against the wall, with my quilts folded over the rungs, and a quilt on each side basically just hanging to cover the outside of the ladder. It looks nice, gives me a place to store the ladder AND the quilts. Of course, they are also on my bed, on all my couches and chairs, coffee table, walls, etc. Just like everybody else, I'm sure!
Now that sounds like a house I'd like! I second the call for "more pictures" :-)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Bev

I have an old quilting frame which sits by a wall in our living room. I fold a number of the quilts over it. I too, use my quilts pretty regularly. I give most of my quilts as gifts, so there are not a lot to display.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:44 AM

My DH does not like holes in the wall either, then neither do I. I tend to use staples. Standard paper stapler, not heavy duty. they do not damage the quilt and when you remove them, you just rub the hole with your finger nail and it is gone. I hung three for Christmas and have two hanging in my sewing room..... DH plans to make a bar to hang in the living room to display seasonal quilts. He has talked about that for three years. My beautiful Autumn quilt lay folded in the sewing room waiting, so, I took matters in hand and stapled it to my sewing room wall.... he wanted to know how I did it.... Staples!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:55 AM

that screen door cabinet is called a pie safe, usually placed in a cool place to store baked goods, butter, bread etc.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:09 PM

I have a shelf on the wall that has a bar underneath it to hang a quilt on. I just change the quilt when ever the mood strikes so I get to show off then.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 PM

I have three shelves, about 40" long with bars on them. We got them for $15.00 at a yard sale last August. DH has sanded them down and turned the "teddy Bear" cut out to an apple shape. We plan to paint them white, to match our woodwork when the weather warms up. Would have done it sooner, but we had our daughter-in-law living with us from September to Jan, 15th.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:43 PM

I have several quilts folded on an antique desk in a corner of the living room. On the wall above them is a "McKenna Ryan" 36 inch sq landscape quilt. I do not have large wall spaces in the condo, so the large quilts are folded and the small ones are on small wall spaces and on the tables.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 PM

I have a display case I bought which is a wood frame, with glass on all sides and the top. I fold the quilts and put them in there. You can only see some colors on the sides, but it's great for some antique quilts I have which aren't in any condition to hang. The case is about 20 inches high, 36 inches wide and 20 inches deep, sits on the floor. I'd post a pic, but I don't have one, and I'm away from home for a while.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:03 PM

I haven't actually tried this yet, but i saw in a magazine where you put the removable sticky things on the backs of the towel holders with the marble in them. Then you put them on the wall and hang your quilts with that. you can remove the sticky things (3M command) when you have a different size quilt to hang. Clear as mud, right?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:36 PM

I don't like my dogs being in the guest bedrooms and I don't like closing the doors in the winter because that prevents the heat from the pellet stove from getting into the rooms (I hate cold rooms!) so I have two quilt racks that I put across the doorways and display a few quilts on them.

I also hang a small quilt over the headboard in my son's old room. It hangs with one corner pointing down at the pillows.

I fold and stack a few quilts on a chair that sits between the diningroom and the living room. And there are always two quilts folded over the back of our recliners in the living room.

And of course the wallhangings get changed frequently on this shelf!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38643[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38643.jpe   attachment-60429.jpe