Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on my Shark iron... >

Update on my Shark iron...

Update on my Shark iron...

Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 AM

AngeliaNR: I think the Oliso is the one Jenny Doan uses on her tutorials. I know that you can buy it on her website. I was intrigued by the iron going up and down too. I bought a blue Oliso from Joanns online and it was 59.99 with free shipping so I thought I would give it a try.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:39 AM

Contact the Company, if they don't know there is a problem, they can't fix it
Old 12-01-2013, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
AngeliaNR: I think the Oliso is the one Jenny Doan uses on her tutorials. I know that you can buy it on her website. I was intrigued by the iron going up and down too. I bought a blue Oliso from Joanns online and it was 59.99 with free shipping so I thought I would give it a try.
I hope it works well for you--have fun watching (er..... I mean using) it!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:51 AM

Email the Shark company thru their website and add a link to this posting so they can see the bad press they're getting...may prompt them to do something about it...amazing what the power of the penny can do for making a company sit up and take notice.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:53 AM

I, too, have had my fill of irons giving me a hard time. My favorite right now is a Sunbeam that my nephew went o WM and bought for me because he dropped one of my cheap ones and broke it. I don't know how much this one cost; but it is nice and heavy, steams when I want it to, and doesn't spit all over my work and ironing board. It is about a year old, and so far, no complaints from me; but out of curiosity (spell?) I have checked WM irons, and haven't seen the Sunbeam on their shelves. I hope this doesn't witch out my luck with this one.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 AM

I have a Sunbeam Steam Master that I got at Wal-Mart. I've had it for some time--can't remember just when I got it, but it's been a few years. It was in the $30-$40 range. It has an automatic shut-off. All I have to do to get it going again is tilt it forward. I've been very happy with it. I also have an expensive Rowenta which I use only for heat transfers because I could no longer turn the dial heat selector. It stays on hot, so I just plug it in when I do an iron on transfer. I don't think I will ever spend big bucks on an iron again.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM

I have two irons, a Sunbeam and a B&D, both of which are at least 30 years old although they may be older because I was married over 50 years ago and you really had to iron your clothing. I don't use the steam anymore because I did have some sputtering problems and discovered the good old spray bottle and lately the Niagara spray starch(not the aerosol kind) and works great for me. After all the disappointment I read on this board, I would not pay big bucks for an iron even though the Oliso looks intriguing.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 AM

I feel your pain. My old B&D died so I googled "steam iron reviews" and started reading to decide what to get. It may be that only dissatisfied customers write steam iron reviews, but EVERYBODY was unhappy with their iron, no matter what brand they had. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but the reviews for the expensive ones were just as bad as for the cheap ones. I just went to WM and bought another B&D, figuring my old one had lasted 5 or 6 years, so I'd try again.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Hi, I have the Olisio iron. I do not like it as you fill it from the middle of the iron not from the top. When you are finished you can not empty it as it get all over. I e-mail the company and they said to steam the water out.
I am going to sale it I don' have the sales slip anymore so I can't return the item.
Does anyone have this iron?

Thanks
Sunnydays
Old 12-01-2013, 02:04 PM

I had a Rowenta. NEVER AGAIN. It didn't just spit it drooled. Every time I tipped it over to iron it poured water down my leg. Hot water. I called and emailed Rowenta and they said I was SOL. My sister has one and has had the same problem. I now have a Shark.It is about 1 year old. SO far so good. I always check out the iron threads so when it dies I can get a new one. I like the auto shut off (sometimes it is a pain) because I worry about forgettig to unplug it when I am finished sewing for the night.
Call or email the company. Or take it back where you got it. It should last longer than 3 months. Good luck. The warranty should be longer than that.