Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The value in your work >

The value in your work

The value in your work

Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

I am a process person by nature which is why deadlines and comittments are very good for me. (Forces me to FINISH). Generally I spend a lot of time sorting and planning and coloring little grid squares. The more steps in a block, the happier I am. But I also love to give my quilts. It is a hug in a bag. Some of my ideas for the future include some art pieces but for now, I step my way down patchwork land.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:36 PM

I started quilting because I wanted one for my own bed and didn't like the Walmart cheater quilts. I saw in my head what I wanted and didn't see how quilting could be any more difficult than making clothing for my family had been back in the day when it was cheaper to make clothing than buy it. Little did I realize about the tiny seam allowances and bazillion patches needed to make a king size quilt but I'm stubborn and darn it! I wanted that quilt I could see in my mind on my bed! Grandbabies and great nieces & nephews started popping out so that gave me another excuse to make quilts instead of sending diapers. I like to dream that many of the quilts I've made will outlive me so there will still be reminders of me & my love when I'm gone.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM

The finished project...and for me Artistic outlet since I can't draw or paint...I find my fabric is my canvas..
Getting satisfaction of gifting most of my quilts or donating them to a child or soldier...You can only keep a certain no. for yourself before you run out of rm.