Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
vendors percentage of sale items >

vendors percentage of sale items

vendors percentage of sale items

Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 AM

Stores here have to make 30% on everything, just to break even :D
Old 04-23-2009, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by rabbit2b
Tricia, is your friend's store a quilt shop? I'm so curious about how people are selling their quilts!
Last year I sold a lot of my quilts at a local coffee shop in Plattsburgh, NY. I got a wall about 5 feet wide and 10 feet tall and could display anything I wanted for $25.00 a month and had to pay for 4 months at a time. At the end of that time I had to decide to do it again or not. The price of the quits was not what determined the fee. They collected the payments and called me after they sold something. Each wall was rented the same way and there are maybe 8 walls that size in the shop.

Depending on the theme of the quilts I would sell sometimes 3 or 4 quilts a week, and other weeks nothing. It depends on the activities going on in town.

I did it for 8 months and when sales slowed I stopped. I displayed them again at a lunch place (soup and sandwich restaurant) with a nice place and sold a few there. He charges nothing for this and took it as a way to decorate his walls with a great variety of artistic expresions without having to spend any money.

Maria
Old 04-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Maria! Plattsburgh??!! We just moved from there to Indiana this past July!

Was that the Koffee Kat??

I'm just so tickled!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Yes, the Koffee Kat. The soup place is the Great Adirondack soup company on Oak Street. Where did you live in Plattsburgh? I am near Beekmantown. It is such a small world.

Maria
Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 AM

I was the rabbi at the synagogue for three years and lived on Addoms Street in their parsonage. We had a number of congregants from Beekmantown.

Only made it to the Adirondack Soup Company a few times, but loved their food--and their catering was superb!

Loose Threads is an awfully nice LQS for a town that size. And I managed to bring home quite a bit from Maw and Paw's on 190... Wasn't so crazy about Joann, though there were some really nice people there and I've wondered how they're doing.

Belonged to CVQG, but somehow usually had a congregational emergency or "must-do" so missed most of the meetings. One of my big regrets, since it seemed like such a nice and interesting group.

Hard to believe it felt almost as cold in Indiana this winter with the wind and damp. Thank heavens the winters are shorter here!