Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vent: Joann's Store >

Vent: Joann's Store

Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 12:30 PM

How about on the internet. Big sale on flannel fabric and of the 10 or 12 selections I made, as soon as I clicked enter into shopping cart, I got a message that it was out of stock and I could fill out the form and maybe get it sometime. This has happened several times recently. Why can't they just list fabrics in stock. The price is good and the ordering not so good.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:39 PM

at christmas i had my dh return some fabric for me to ours and they gave him nothing but crap "this isnt on this receipt which i knew it was but guess what couldnt prove it because they kept the recp gave him a gift card for WHAT they did return which should have been cash oh and got hung up on by the store manager because she had customers to wait on so i called corp office 2 days later received call from district mgr who apologized up one side and down the other AND made sure i had her cell number if this crap ever happened again dont know if employeed knew who it was or what or if it is because i am now in there so often but they are as sweet as pie now sometimes u just have to step on a few heads i have worked in cust service for 20 years and have NEVER treated a customer like i was treated there i was also a mgr and if a employee had treated one of my customers like that they would have been looking for a new job i was taught the customer IS the reason for your job! but i guess that is not important anymore its all about the profits. such a sad world we live in
Old 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM

I have never had that problem in either Miami-Dade County (my old neighborhood) or in West Palm Beach. Computer glitch somewhere? I did have a problem with a manager who who not accept multiple coupons for different items (one for each one). When I mentioned it it other stores, was told this was not true. Go figure.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 PM

The ladies and guys are great that actually cut the material at my JoAnn's; but then I have learned to ask them the price of each piece as they cut to make sure it is the correct price - 70% of the time computer is wrong and they correct on the spot.

I have also learned to write down each price of item as I put it in my shopping cart. The main registers are usually 95% wrong, so this helps immediately. It just about never reflects sale prices any more.

I also "have learned" to just give them my coupon items FIRST to ring up seperately. After I pay for them I then let them ring out the other items (as I watch the prices on register).

I like the items in the store, but before I started to do my Pre-Empted checking my receipt was ALWAYS wrong. One time I told the girl (right after I paid) that she charged me for 2 yards of something that I only got 1/2 yard of and she made me go to the service desk and even though I paid cash minutes before they had to give me a store credit. That was the last straw before I started to carefuly watch and do my check out a lot differently.

Karen
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM

The JA near here must have a policy to state the price of the fabric before cutting it, they always do that. I must say in 42 yrs they and I have agreed
Old 06-14-2010, 01:29 PM

I have a JoAnn's superstore near me and I have been going there for years and I am happy with it. I do wish they had better quality fabrics like Moda but I know that will never happen. Try not to get so upset, you can't change anything and all you are doing is getting your blood pressure up. Take care.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Obviously JoAnn's Corporate bears the blame for the decline in quality of merchandise, the sales glitches & check out problems etc.
But reading these entries from all over the US, makes me also think that the MANAGERS of many JoAnn's stores are just indifferent to customer concerns. They just don't care to get it solved - OR - they have given up trying to get the store & stock problems corrected ...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by belmer
I am so sorry to here about your bad experience at JA's
They just don't know how to make good customer service people any more. You would think with this economy the way it is, those big stores would be begging for good customer service. Nobody should ever have to put up with that crap.... I would go straight to the top with it, and tell them they need to re-train their emplyees at that store, because word of mouth can travel like wild fire.Glad you at least have another JA's you can go to, even if it is farther away, the sad thing is.... Is you shouldn't have to do that. I definately would try and contact The Upper management.
I did go to Upper Management -- not any better. I wanted to buy a Sullivan Hobby Table with my 50% off coupon. Since our Joann's store is clear across town, I called to make sure they had it. They had only one, it was $149, and they agreed to save it for me. Since they usually put everything one might want on sale so the coupon can't be used, and since I would have to drive several miles, I checked to make sure I could use the coupon. She said, "Oh, no. That's the sale price." I pointed out it was $149 everywhere else, including Joann's online. When I asked to speak to the manager, he was less than courteous said the regular price was $229 and it was higher than other places because it was "specially made for Joann's," although I found no indication of such on the Sullivan site. I even called Joann's corporate office because this was the latest of many and the highest priced annoyance I've had with Joann's. No more productive but a little more courteous, To make a long story short (too late for that :), I used the coupon and got it for half price at Joann's online. Of course I paid a total of $26 for "special handling" and shipping, but got it delivered right to the door. I like it, but "Assembly time: 30 minutes" is a hoot. It took me that long to read the instructions.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Know what you mean about the assembly .... glad ALL your pieces were included !!

I think EVERY SINGLE THING that we've EVER bought that had to be put together, had parts missing ... DH says we're cursed by the Evil Assembly Gods !! :roll:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Please save yourself the stress and do not ever go in there again - it is SO not worth it!!