Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking 6000 >

Viking 6000

Viking 6000

Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 AM

Default Viking 6000

I was told my Viking 6000 had a broken fixed cam and that it couldn't be fixed by my local quilt shop. Can someone tell me if there is no part or is it that they were trying to sell me a new machine? I have a hard time believing that there wouldn't be a part available somewhere in this vast internet world. Also, for those of you that have bought on Ebay what has been your experience--good or bad. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 AM

I googled and this is the only thing I could find. http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...es-6000-sewing
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by nvb50 View Post
I googled and this is the only thing I could find. http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...es-6000-sewing
Thanks!! I checked it out but this is not what was shown to me that was broken. The cams pictured go in the back in another cam. That is the one that is broken. I do appreciate your help. So frustrating when the machine is in good working condition other than that particular part. I'll keep looking. THanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 AM

Of course there is a part. I replaced the broken cam on my Viking last year. The part is $50. Perhaps what they meant to say is that they don't know HOW to repair it. It's not something many repair places can do anymore as they're just educated on repairing new machines now.. The part is $50 and the repair bill for labor would be about $100-150. So, you would have to consider paying $200 for the repair. Is the machine worth it to you for that? Only you can decide. If you go to the vintagevikingyahoo group, there is a listing of recommended viking repair shops. Obviously, yours is not interested in fixing yours and you should pick up your machine right away and move on!

This is the part that's needed http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/cam...111595-01.aspx So, find someone with the experience to replace it. As I said, I replaced mine with the guidance and files on the vintagevikingyahoo group. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 AM

Call Viking and talk to them about parts availability. Some places don't have the techs with the knowledge to work on Vikings. I would never take my machines to anyone else for repair.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:35 AM

I had a 6300 - they are old and parts availability vary. Also, these are true mechanical sewing machines - heavy duty to boot. Was the quilt shop a Viking Dealer? If not then the stop was a waste of time - most shops do not service other brands or my guess is that the dealer might not have wanted to deal with it. I too suggest calling Viking Husqvarna directly. They could possibly link you up with someone in your area who could help you out. Or, if there is a Viking dealer in the area - call them.

They are fantastic machines - gave mine to my daughter who uses it all the time. Still running strong. Good luck with it.