Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt machine question

Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt machine question

Just registered for this site and look forward to utilizing the forums when I have questions.

So, first question...which setting works best on this machine for 1/4" seam? The default setting when the machine is turned on? If so, which foot works best? OR the 1/4" setting which can be selected on the graphic display? If so, which foot works best?

Second, using either do you prefer a foot with the 1/4" guide?

Looking forward to responses. Thanks in advance.

I do not have a Sapphire, just wanted to say welcome!!!

I use the 1/4" setting on the display along with a flanged 1/4"foot. I have 2 feet - the one I prefer has a wider hole and I can move my needle over to get a scant 1/4". Love my feet with the flanges!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board!
    The thing you need to keep in mind is that although we talk about a quarter inch seam, you don't measure the seam, you measure the resultant patch. Here's how to check:
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutori...ce-t89997.html
    Fabric and thread thickness can affect needle placement. I often double check at the beginning of a project to make sure that my needle position is correct for that fabric/thread combo. I have a Viking, use the metal foot with a flange and usually have to move the needle to the right, usually at the 1.8 or 2.0 position.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I have the Sapphire 870Q and use the " foot part # 412-7855. And try to remember to go into tools and put the stitch width safety on so that I don't forget & try to zig zag with it

I do use the 1/4 "option in the settings when I am attaching my binding with a walking foot.... but I usually move the default over to 2.3 .... (but then when I trim my batting I leave a tad to fill out the binding) .... It took a little practice to get it just where I like it.

Welcome to the forum.... is this machine new to you?

Blog Entries
    Welcome from NE Ohio