Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking Sapphire and Free Motion Quilting setup >

Viking Sapphire and Free Motion Quilting setup

Viking Sapphire and Free Motion Quilting setup

Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM

I didn't have much luck with the R foot that came with mine. I like the spring foot much better! And you have to be careful with the settings to select free motion SPRING on the menu.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by northernshow View Post
How do you change the needle setting for 1/4 piece on the Viking Sapphire 835
The way I do it: Press stitch menu and go to the right one space and push ok; then I enter 10 and the needle moves to the right for 1/4 inch seam allowance. Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:35 PM

Default Did you get Husqvarna 830 working correctly?

Hello Ladies,
I was troubleshooting about my feed dogs not remaining switched off and saw your problem, Katier825. Did you ever get the problem taken care of. Gosh, I hope so. Terrible waste of valuable dollars. I had quite a problem, back when, Joann's sent it off and the repair (free) made a world of difference. It took about two months to get it back. The feed dog problem though, kind of hard to free motion quilt. It seem to be working and then it started switching back on all by itself causing great difficulty to maneuver the fabric.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:30 PM

You might try putting your thread on a vertical spool holder, that you put behind your machine. Whenever we get a machine that only has a horizontal spool pin, we sew it off with a vertical spool holder, because the thread always feeds so much better that way. Here's a picture http://www.knitandsew.co.uk/Prym+Con...74/PRPN952.htm
Old 08-10-2015, 09:23 AM

I have a Sapphire 850 and have Fmq about 15 or more quilts on it. Right now having problems with thread shredding. Originally bought 50$ spring foot. The bar sat over the needle screw and hammered til it eventually broke. I switched to the embroidery foot on free motion mode and it worked great. Paid over 100.00 to fix thread breaking, still doesn't work right. My feed dogs also had trouble creeping up. Manual says when you go into fmg mode they (feed dogs) will be automatically set. Mine never lowered except manually. When it works, great when not grrrrr. So frustrated.