Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

I have a Singer 1956 99 that I need a belt for. It was my mother's machine and I know it still runs, but the belt is all cracked. Is this machine worth anything more than sentimental value? Also is it possible to restore an old treadle machine that was converted to electric back to treadle?

Hi there. I need rubber feet for a Bernina 1230.
    Thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliedale
    Hi there. I need rubber feet for a Bernina 1230.
    Thanks!
    Post photos of the feet so I can see what I am working with if you have any left. I have about 15 different feet here for different machines.

Billy

need a Round leather belt # 6 for a willox & gibbs machine?? I'm not sure what else I will need since I've never used a treadle I don't have a clue. any help would be greatly appreciated. It also has a bunch of other parts that I don't have a clue as to what they are used for or how....lots of parts but no booklet. I'm not sure if I can post a picture once I've sent this....

parts
    Name:  Attachment-140773.jpe
Views: 140
Size:  34.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Billy, this thread just makes me happy!! I think you have found a niche market. Our family wishes you well. And, of course, I'll be placing an order as soon as you get up and running.

Would you consider barter for some parts? I have accumulated a pile of attachments and some spare parts that I don't need, and would love to trade for things I need. Put me on you list when you are up and running.

Fantastic! What a great thing to do, so much need for those good ol things!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportzmom
    I have a Singer 1956 99 that I need a belt for. It was my mother's machine and I know it still runs, but the belt is all cracked. Is this machine worth anything more than sentimental value? Also is it possible to restore an old treadle machine that was converted to electric back to treadle?
    Just check into Ebay and you will see that the 99 is a popular machine. I have one and love it for piecing quilts. The old treadle can be converted easily back to treadle, also. These old machines are so user -friendly, easy to maintain if you just oil them and clean them.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to you flyer and cataloque. We all need parts leather belts for treadle, rubber ring for bobbin winders bobbin case for the 66 etc etc.. Oh and maybe assorted screws for the singer machines. Good luck with this adventure!! It will be a sucess. Glenn

I am lookig for needles, bobbins and shuttle for a damascus treadle sewing machine. Do you have any? Also do you know how to find the model number on this machine or date of it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gailthecla
    I am lookig for needles, bobbins and shuttle for a damascus treadle sewing machine. Do you have any? Also do you know how to find the model number on this machine or date of it?
    I do not have much for the Damascus machines just the Singers mainly. But you never know what I have laying around here. The needle that you need is a Boye 14 and the shuttle is a Boye 13.

I have some "14" needles but they are for my Eldredge. I can do some measurements and see if I have any industrial needles that will work.

Billy

Is there anyway of finding a motor for a SuperNova Necchi? I love the machine and I really hate to get rid of it. :)

Blog Entries
    Billy
    Have a question for you. Are there any special needles that need to be used for a FW, or will the 20's work? I haven't seen any in the places I have looked around here, that say anything about FW's on them. Just thought I would ask. I haven't used mine all that much sice I bought it, but I want to really start using it for my quilting club meetings, and have been hestitant, because I don't want to be in the middle of a project and need a new needle. I haven't checked with FW RX or out on the net, just thought I would check with you, knowing that if anyone knows you will. Thanks Gerbie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Billy
    Have a question for you. Are there any special needles that need to be used for a FW, or will the 20's work? I haven't seen any in the places I have looked around here, that say anything about FW's on them. Just thought I would ask. I haven't used mine all that much sice I bought it, but I want to really start using it for my quilting club meetings, and have been hestitant, because I don't want to be in the middle of a project and need a new needle. I haven't checked with FW RX or out on the net, just thought I would check with you, knowing that if anyone knows you will. Thanks Gerbie
    Just use the standard 15x1 needles that you can find at any fabric store and Walmart.

Billy

YIPPEEE---
    needles, belts, feet and attachments, and all the other stuff mentioned above! Light bulbs and covers, too!

I would like to have a 1/4 foot for my singer 221

Great idea. I suspect that you will do well with this. I expect I will be PMing you soon for parts for my red eye

Frustrated trying to find where to post pic of vintage so I can ID a Singer which needs a bobbin holder and metal cover for the bobbin --Have 3 --"new" vintage I am trying to get info on-want to post pics for help. I may have some extra parts too . thanks

quote=Lostn51]This is just an announcement to let you guys know that it looks like I am going into the parts business. I know there are a lot of you that are doing so well with my tutorials and are refurbishing your machines but are still needing parts for them.

I normally have lots of parts laying around that I normally use for my service work but this is something that someone and I came up with and I think it might do well. I would of course supply for all makes of vintage sewing machines but what would you guys like to see in a parts house? What are your most wanted items.

Lets put our heads together and just see what the perfect parts store would carry and I can use this for the basis of being able to provide for my customers.

Oh and I know that new vintage sewing machines are high on the list but I am not sure my suppliers can get those for me maybe the new model 15's...... ;)

Billy[/quote]

Blog Entries
    I need a belt (or 2) for a Singer model 128 from 1919.....help....thanks......js

Blog Entries
    Maybe you can help me. I need the control foot and cord for Kenmore model 158-01792080. Any help would be appreciated. You can PM or I will watch the board.
    Thanks,
    Jean

I am not sure what all I need! I know a belt to start with and a cover for the bobbin.. how do I go about knowing what all I do need?? I don't have a book or picture to know what it is suppose to look like! LOL

I am looking for a bobbin winder for a 1910 Singer 128. Is this something you have?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3