Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vintage Sewing Machine Parts >

Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Dee

How wonderful. Slide plate for treadle machine and needles.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM

Hi! I am interested in a knee rod controller or knee lever for my Singer 99-13. I would be thrilled if I could get one
Thanks!
Iquilter
Old 08-01-2010, 08:52 PM

I need bobbins for my featherweight and needles for the industrial machine (70's vintage).

Also I know of a 'little ole man' (in his 90s) with a 'garage full'. If you would like to contact him, I'll get my coworker to give me the contact info. Apparently he was the long time repair person for the local sewing factory before it closed, and everyone in town brought him their old machines to refurbish or use for parts as appropriate. He worked on a couple of machines for me before he completely got out of doing it...charged me $15 for the one that was not stitching correctly and $17.50 for the one that needed the motor replaced!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Just got a Signer 201.... I know I will need some parts! lol
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2sew4fun
Just got a Signer 201.... I know I will need some parts! lol
Ooops Singer.... {grin}
Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 AM

My significant other has caught the vintage machine bug! Came home Saturday with a yard sale find -- a 1941 Singer Model 66-16(?). Based on what this machine needs, and what I've seen others ask for on this Board, we need:
- method of determining the exact model number (i.e., the Singer site only gave us the "66" but our search for a manual shows variations of this model)
- rubber belts (bobbin winder and main one)
- sliding bobbin plate
- machine manual (managed to find one online but a long search! Also, all the manuals feature the same black picture of the machine where the details of what the arrow is pointing to are almost impossible to see -- can you take a better picture and create your own manual??)

The machine is also terribly filthy. Perhaps you could create "kits" with suitable cleaning agent for the body, proper oil, instructions on where to oil (or include a copy of one of your tutorials), etc.

Our machine is also designed to sit in a cabinet but didn't come with one. Do you know any good woodworkers (or maybe yourself) who can build a base (that sits on a table) or, provide plans on how to build one?

That's all I can think of for now. Its wonderful that you're going into this business!! You already have potential customers who trust you!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by QBeth
My significant other has caught the vintage machine bug! Came home Saturday with a yard sale find -- a 1941 Singer Model 66-16(?). Based on what this machine needs, and what I've seen others ask for on this Board, we need:
- method of determining the exact model number (i.e., the Singer site only gave us the "66" but our search for a manual shows variations of this model)
- rubber belts (bobbin winder and main one)
- sliding bobbin plate
- machine manual (managed to find one online but a long search! Also, all the manuals feature the same black picture of the machine where the details of what the arrow is pointing to are almost impossible to see -- can you take a better picture and create your own manual??)

The machine is also terribly filthy. Perhaps you could create "kits" with suitable cleaning agent for the body, proper oil, instructions on where to oil (or include a copy of one of your tutorials), etc.

Our machine is also designed to sit in a cabinet but didn't come with one. Do you know any good woodworkers (or maybe yourself) who can build a base (that sits on a table) or, provide plans on how to build one?

That's all I can think of for now. Its wonderful that you're going into this business!! You already have potential customers who trust you!
Okay this is going to be a definite go for me, and I am fixing to drop some serious cash into the parts and supplies and I am already in the process of buying land to build a facility to house everything along with a few other services that I have yet to announce!

Now if you are wanting parts PM me and then I can get back to you per your request. I can supply 3/4 of what your asking for no problem. But it has to be through PM so I can keep track of everything.

Billy
Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM

Hubby bought me a Bernina 850. Don't have a clue how to use it. (Semi-industrial model). Been searching all over internet for info. Ordered an instruction manual. Okay...so...it looks like it need a GOOD cleaning first of all, then maybe some parts. It is working. Will wait until I get the manual, but any info on where to look for any kind of info on this model....let me know.
Cat Spring MawMaw
Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM

I just bought a featherwight in really good condition, but the case has not faired so well. So I could use a new case.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 PM

I wrote last week trying to buy an oval oil can that was original with a Feather Weight I know it will be expensive but I already bought one thru EBAY and got took .
Surprised I had no replies.

Billie, I have a candy box of parts that I was keeping until I could find someone that could use them.
Now in Can. Planned to mail to you when I get to USA due to shipping costs---not concerned about profit just didn't want them wasted.