Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-28-2013, 11:22 AM

Boy, you guys are sewing right along, beautiful projects. Just finished the borders on sons wedding quilt, will iron and post pictures.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Farmers wife blocks done for this month. Time again to start getting a meal together. Homemade rolls, cheeseburger mac, green beans, and maybe corn on the cob coming up. anyone hunger? will be back once dinner is done and dishes are cleaned up again. Here are pics of my blocks done till next. I am having a great time reading everyones posts and quilting along with all of you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438586[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]438587[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03071.jpg   dsc03074.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 AM

Kyle and Ally's Wedding quilt finished this morning
Attached Thumbnails kyle-allys-wedding-quilt-copy.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 11:59 AM

Love your Farmer's Wife blocks, the colors are scrumptious, mdall.

Finishing off Nephew's quilt now.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM

I am going to work on my City Blocks sampler - we have to have 8 blocks done per month. Also, I might start on our son's quilt.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Waiting on rolls to rise, so dug out scraps to see what I have. This is just the pieces of stuff I have still have to pull out left over yardage pieces but this will make a great start. Using templates a wonderful Angel sent me at Xmas. Now to see what comes of it. Pics once something starts to emerge from the depths. LOL
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by mdall; 09-28-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM

I had hoped to get all my chores done today so that I could work on a couple of small princess applique quilts this weekend. I want to make them for Christmas gifts for two special little girls, my sister's-in-law grandnieces. Well here it is 4:45, have not started anything on the projects yet, not all chores done due to company dropping in this afternoon, which was a lovely time though. Sigh...laundry I can put off till tomorrow, cooking something for the week ahead can be done tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be too pooped to finish tracing the applique patterns tonight! I had hoped to get that done then start hunting through my stash for fabric. Well, maybe I can do some hunting tonight. Best laid plans.... I need to win the lottery so I can quit working to quilt all week!! LOL!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Well, I am done for the day. The Princess (Heidi, the Great Dane) demanded I stop what I was doing and come upstairs and feed her. She now wants me to be upstairs with her, enough in the basement, as far as she is concerned. And believe me, when a Great Dane complains, you can't help but listen.

I have the two tops ready to get ready for backing, batting and then quilting. I did a test run on a possible ornament for the ornament swap. Tomorrow I will work more on that, and I have another quilt to work on, more star blocks. I don't know why I do this to myself. Did I say how much I dislike making HSTs, QSTs, and flying geese?!?!?!?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:04 PM

LOL Sue! Glad you gave in for Heidi. You have had a very busy day, so it was probably a good thing you stopped for the day. Tomorrow is another day. Me on the other hand, I've done nothing yet today, but I'm about to now!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:21 PM

Here are the two tops I am working on. I need to trim, make the binding and bind. I had the blocks for the brother's quilt done last year but not sewn together until I got the idea a couple of weeks ago to make the him and her quilts for their 60th wedding anniversary. The backs are flannel--pink cheetah on my sister-in-law's and plaids on my brother-in-law's. These are my first log cabins, and the next time I would use strips not as wide.
Attached Thumbnails man-quilt.jpg   woman-quilt.jpg