Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Old 11-24-2022, 03:18 PM

Work has begun on my Church giveaway quilts for 2023. We give them out in October so as many as possible have warm blankets for the winter.
Old 11-24-2022, 03:52 PM

I am finishing making a school scrapbook for a Christmas present for Granddaughter who graduated this past spring. She was active in sports so most of it is about that. Will be glad when it is done so I can wrap it and give it to her for Christmas. Been working on it for a few months. I may get to sewing together 2 1/2" squares for a quilt I am making. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:13 PM

Hi there. Had a marvelous thanksgiving celebration. Then took a nap. SIL got TV working. Did some black Friday shopping. Tomorrow I’ll quilt.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:39 PM

tallchick and Quiltah Mama--yes I am feeling much better, thank you. It took longer than I anticipated. Didn't really do anything our last VQW!

LT_diva--hope your Covid isn't too bad.

Well, I feel like I was in the kitchen all day We did put a few decorations outside but that was it for the decorating. And I finished a whole placemat! Hopefully tomorrow I will get more done.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:48 PM

Hello everyone, hopefully this was a good one for everyone, I had a very good day with the oldest DGD and family, yes, I am in Kansas for the two holidays. Georgia won't know how to feel without me. But it's good to be home. My long-arming Cousin loan me a machine and I am going to sew my brains out. (Tomorrow) man, I won't know how to feel. Can't say what I'll be working on but I'll be sewing. Sew busy every one

cherryb
Old 11-24-2022, 08:58 PM

Quiet Thanksgiving with a nice family meal for the 3 of us. Even the teen came to dinner! Lol!

I had a little time to trim and arrange these. Will sew together tomorrow so I have room for Bonnie's mystery!
Attached Thumbnails 20221124_205030_copy_864x1152.jpg  
Old 11-25-2022, 12:24 AM

Count me in!! Have 3 larger quilts for Project Linus in the works. One just need binding and the other 2 are almost ready for sandwiching. Those two should be done by late Sunday. I decided for the month of Dec will work on the kits that I made up or the kits I brought home from Project Linus. Sounds like a great plan for me.Hmmm...wonder if it will work out...lol
Old 11-25-2022, 03:39 AM

I got one thing out to the longarm lady on wed and yesterday I started in in a few blocks for MY quilt and almost immediately sewed a piece on backwards. Tools down. I'll try again today. Only other big plan is a nice long walk. Enjoy your leftovers everyone!
Old 11-25-2022, 04:17 AM

It’s been so crazy here, I’ve not been able to enjoy my sewing room much at all. I think some quiet time in my sewing room will be possible. I’m going to try and catch up on a BOM and get a UFO ready to quilt.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:18 AM

On thing on my list for this weekend. Cut and piece blocks for a Christmas gift. Pattern chosen, fabric on hand and I have cleared the decks of miscellaneous responsibilities for the week end. Let the sewing begin!

I know I am cutting it close but I want to get this quilt to the long arm quilter by December 10. Sooner would be better! Fingers crossed.
'