Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Old 12-18-2021, 01:23 PM

This pic only shows 11 of the ornaments. I do have 15 done but not up on the wall.
Attached Thumbnails daf71e5f-817d-4330-89e4-2c8f97818dc5.jpeg  
Old 12-18-2021, 01:24 PM

Woohoo and oooh aaah on both the blocks and getting the picture posted!!
Old 12-18-2021, 01:27 PM

This is my method for getting the right size to upload.

Once I get the pictures from camera to laptop and put them into pictures file with a name I can recognize,,, I open the picture I want. Crop it so background clutter is removed. Save that. Then with file open, up on the right corner of the computer or picture screen is a symbol of 3 dots, stacked on top of each other. Click it. Click "resize". Click "2mp". Save with new name, I usually add 2mp to the name of the file. Close everything and go back to posting on QB. Be sure to use the red reply button, not quick reply.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
This pic only shows 11 of the ornaments. I do have 15 done but not up on the wall.
Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it put all together! Where did you get the pattern from - I can see a warm, cozy Christmas quilt for my sisters!

Speaking of sisters, I heard from my little sister and happy to report that she was on the way home a little while ago. She had a really hard fight all week, her white blood count kept going up and down, they couldn't get her pain managed correctly after the surgery and last night, her white blood count was almost through the roof. After a few tests and a CT-Scan to make sure there wasn't any abscesses from the infection (and there wasn't), they figured that her immune system reacted to everything with a cascade event. Her blood and vitals were perfect today and stayed that way, so they cut her loose and when she called me, her husband was taking her home the long way so she could enjoy the Christmas lights. The relief was immediate for me and now I'm energized to get stuff done!

Onto the next organizer after I brew up a pot of coffee. Will post pictures later tonight.

Old 12-18-2021, 06:19 PM

Basted 2 quilts while watching Marx Brothers. 10\10 would recommend
Old 12-18-2021, 08:23 PM

Default Monkeys

My 2021 block of the month from pumpkinpatchbc.com is now a top! Yay!
Attached Thumbnails 98ad854b-b523-4c43-a329-10f643e8eb11.jpeg  
Old 12-18-2021, 09:03 PM

The pattern is a free from
https://windhamfabrics.com/images/pr...ent(final).pdf
Old 12-19-2021, 04:47 AM

I have not even entered my sewing room this weekend. This is a much needed rest. I have been reading all the busy posts here. So much accomplished among all of you fine quilters. The ornament quilt is beautiful. I have saved the link to make one of these in the future. The next VQW will I will work on the Merry Mayhem mystery quilt.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
Yes, yes, please share the source of your Ornament quilt pattern. It is lovely and I would like to see this one hanging in my home for the holidays next year. I would also make charming little gifts, pillows or mug rugs or door hanging or..... So many possibilities.

Looking forward to your finish or even your almost finished, finish.

I just saw you had already posted later on in the thread. Looks like a good challenge for a holiday quilt for next year. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 12-19-2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:48 AM

Quick update for Sunday morning. I have not actually managed to touch my fabric or sewing space for organization which is a bit disappointing. However, I have had a few thoughts of where I can start without having to pull everything out and make a huge mess right before Christmas and maybe I can get a little something done before the weekend is over. Rff - I appreciate the encouragement and validation.

I am feeling good about getting 90% of my Christmas wrapping done - thanks to Iceblossom for sticking that idea in my brain! One task ticked off the list means I'm that much closer to having some time to play in fabric. :-)

So much great progress and fun projects going on - way to go, everyone!