Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

Old 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM

i am actually able to start a quilt for me - only me!!! It's a judy martin log cabin variation. I had some extra fabric from an earlier project that i'm going to use up.

got one block finished - tomorrow i am meeting my mom, but i can spend sunday sewing. I'll post pictures later.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:57 PM

Going better than expected, only 14 left to fix.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538311[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1450493785850-535966005.jpg  
Old 12-19-2015, 12:29 AM

I'm in. Have grandchildren Friday night, DGD wants a quilted journal cover as a Christmas gift for her best friend. We've embroidered the Harry Potter crest so will be making up the cover this morning. Baked gingerbread biscuits last night. Have cheated and bought a gingerbread house which we will put together. She also wants to make a cushion for her mum. Don't think we will have time. I'm wrapping presents this afternoon. Sunday is sewing day. Will be finishing off DGS's Christmas Stocking then need to put new tops on the five stockings belonging to my DD's family. Have embroidered the names but it will take me all day tomorrow. See you all later.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 AM

Will be fitting in, finishing a table runner, making some decorations, making a kneeling pad for the garden for a neighbour, knitting a cardigan for my grandaughter, whilst babysitting said grandaughter who is 3 months old, skyping friends in Orlando tomorrow ��
Old 12-19-2015, 03:38 AM

As much as I'd love to be in my sewing room this weekend, I will be assisting customers with their holiday shopping at my two retail store locations. Needless to say I'll be relieved when Christmas has come.

I have about 2/3's of my binding finished on a quilt for my sister-in-law but won't see her until the day after Christmas so I will have it done one night during this coming week.

Jeanne, your florals are scrumptious... I can't wait to see your finished Irish chain, it's going to be stunning.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:46 AM

I will also be working on clue 3 & 4 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt - between a baby shower and Grandchildren's Sunday School Christmas program.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:45 AM

I'm finishing up pillowcases for all the grandkids plus one (5 altogether), which have been fun to make. And then I'll quilt and bind a tabletopper as a Christmas gift for a long time friend. I really don't have time even for these, though, because I have a lot of gift wrapping still to do, grocery shopping, and housecleaning!

But sewing is more fun.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:51 AM

Just now hopping aboard but have been doing "the quilty thing" for the past couple of weeks....making 5 quillows. Started out to be two for the tween grandson and greatgrand-daughter. That project expanded to 3 more for the little greatgrands. At the moment, one is complete and folded into a pillow. All of the parts are made (pockets and quilts) but have left to be quilted. I machine cross hatched the first one and it took entirely too long for my liking... and it killed my back and neck. So the rest will be tied. Almost halfway on the first large one and much more to go. I will probably finish on Christmas Eve. Well, that's the plan anyway.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:32 AM

I can only work on my projects today, work calls tomorrow. I will be finishing a mini wall hanging and working on a Kansas City quilt for my husband. I'm making it for him b/c the KC Royals won the world series this year. He is an dedicated fan.. Yes when I was off we watched every game this year. LOL He watch most of the games for years. Anyway, I have the blocks cut and marked, just need to sew them, and pieced them together. I'm using Judy's mystery quilt pattern #11 (from this board). I'm unsure how many blocks, but hoping for larger than a throw. I only had a small amount of matching fabric in my stash which matched the Royals fabric. I'll post pics later.

I love the floral blocks. I have fat quarters like that, you just gave me an ideal how to use up the fabric.
I love the other projects and ideas everyone else is working on.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:52 AM

I'll be joining in hopefully this afternoon and evening. I have been sewing all week and finally finished the huge dog bed and cover for DS's dogs and a tote bag for MIL last night. After some cleaning, re-hanging some ornaments on the tree which fell off when the whole tree fell over, and a bit of grocery shopping, I have three potholders to make for stocking stuffers - and all the wrapping to do. Since tomorrow is Football Day (Go Seahawks!), I'll have to get it all done today.

Monday will be finishing the wrapping and more cleaning. Tuesday and Wednesday will be baking and cooking. DH is bringing MIL up from Portland on Wednesday afternoon, so I want everything done by then so we can visit. I'll post pic when I get the potholders done.
Happy sewing (and whatever else needs to be done).