Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/20-12/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/20-12/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/20-12/24

Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 AM

I'm going to try to participate. I'm starting a new quilt project and still working on my hexies (getting close to done!). I'm looking forward to seeing what others are doing.
    Old 12-20-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]605566[/ATTACH]This one is a lot of fun and the directions are excellent. My problem is I'm working out of my stash and I know I saw prettier Christmas fabric down at the LQS. There are 14 ornaments and I'm working on # 10. So almost.
    That's so pretty Battle Axe! What pattern did you use?
    Old 12-20-2018, 09:31 AM

It's called Felicity. Designer is Kate Spain. I just googled it. I saw one on facebook of someone trying to finish it before another Bonnie Hunter clue came out. It is really fun and she should give lessons on how to write instructions. It's that good. Then I got a message from her husband wanting to know where I saw it. The pattern was a digital download, nominal fee.

Based on the good instructions I wanted to buy another one of her patterns, but this is the only one I really liked. Lord knows my bucket list bucket is full.
    Old 12-20-2018, 10:13 AM

I love your Christmas ornament quilt. I may have to do some research and find this pattern. Thank you for sharing the name. I have a lot of Christmas fabric and would love to use up some. Maybe for next Christmas!!!
    Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 AM

I’ll be binding, binding, binding! I have two Christmas gift quilts that are at my local quilt shop being quilted. I am hoping to be able to pick one up today so that I can get started. I’m slow at hand sewing so need all the time I can get. I have a feeling I may be up late Christmas Eve. Binding quilts.

Ive also got to put my cutting table away in order to make our spare room available for our visiting son. Last but not least is to have a stocking making party with two of my boys so they will have something to hang by the fire place for Santa to fill.
    Old 12-20-2018, 10:48 AM

I'll be joining you. I have Christmas gifts to finish--a small wallhanging to get in the mail today and finish quilting a lap quilt. Plus I have to do some cleaning since family is coming here Monday night.
    Old 12-20-2018, 11:12 AM

I'll be going blind sticking 1/4" bits of fabric on my collage with tweezers, but I'll be following along looking for pictures of everyone else's beautiful works in progress!

Watson
    Old 12-20-2018, 01:41 PM

Just google Kate Spain quilt patterns. It should come up if you are in Chrome. I can't seem to copy it.
    Old 12-20-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
    It's called Felicity. Designer is Kate Spain. I just googled it. I saw one on facebook of someone trying to finish it before another Bonnie Hunter clue came out. It is really fun and she should give lessons on how to write instructions. It's that good. Then I got a message from her husband wanting to know where I saw it. The pattern was a digital download, nominal fee.

Based on the good instructions I wanted to buy another one of her patterns, but this is the only one I really liked. Lord knows my bucket list bucket is full.
    Thanks! I really like the pattern and it's always good to know that the instructions are well written. Most times, I need all the help I can get.

Edit: I googled. Here's the pattern https://kdspain.com/patterns/felicity-pdf-pattern
    Old 12-20-2018, 02:14 PM

good luck to all of you on your Christmas finishes. For the very first time in my life I'm actually finished before Christmas! And I've even cleaned both sewing room where oldest g-boy will sleep and long arm area in basement rec room where guest will sleep--so not hauling anything else out now (until 26th). But did my last running around today, have to make soup tomorrow for 8 on Christmas Eve, son's family gets here noonish on Sat., Sunday we have DH side's Christmas party and then our house Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And my DD is back from Nepal! Best Christmas gift ever!