Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Old 12-31-2020, 08:42 AM

Good, nice to have company on this strange New Year's Eve Day! I will continue to stitch more of the leader/ender project and also watch more shows from The Quilt Show and hand stitch. In between I will start taking the decorations off the tree.....I put it up a week early....so guess I can take it down a day early
Old 12-31-2020, 09:10 AM

I have a binding on a red/white basket quilt to flip over to the front and sew down by machine. Then I’ll probably put the borders on a Bunny Hill winter quilt so it can be sandwiched and quilted.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:07 AM

I'm still going to be searching for patterns for newborn twin girl's quilts!
Old 12-31-2020, 11:51 AM

Just saw that you're going Monday. Yes, you should go shopping

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
So many projects but a lot of hours!
  1. Plan to finish piecing Project Linus top.
  2. Sort a couple more tubs of fabric and decide what to do with it.
  3. Start new quilt for Project Linus.
Decided to be reasonable regarding projects to attack.

Oh nuts just remembered DH wants to take me sewing machine shopping. Maybe I should go, huh?

Thanks for starting this Heather.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:58 AM

I recently won the most beautiful bundle of 25 fat quarters for the EQ blog. Just one delicious color of pink/organ/red after another. The feel of the fabric is heavenly too. I wanted to use every color and looked for a while before I decided on this pattern. Petal Sparks. I wanted turned edge applique and I already have one flower cut and ready. If I get them the rest cut and turned, I will consider this a very productive long weekend.

file-10.jpegagf-prize.png
Old 12-31-2020, 12:18 PM

I will be working on a baby quilt for my latest great grandson and sewing some items for my oldest daughter who will be having a mastectomy during January. Right now I am sewing on camisoles to hold the drain sacks and then I want to make her some dresses that open up the front because she won't be able to lift her arms over her head. Right in the middle of this my Janome 15000 and my Juki HZL-F600 have quit working and so I am back to my standby; my Singer 301. Wouldn't give up my Singer for any electronic machine on the market.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:45 PM

Hate to disappoint you guys, but decided not to go shopping today. Will wait until Monday. Need to make a sandwich, quilt that is, to bring with me and that isn't on my to do list today...lol
Old 12-31-2020, 12:49 PM

I am working on a commission quilt that is totally our of my comfort zone. Not only is all browns,sand,rust....I do believe I have 2 fat quarters of brown in my entire stash which tells you how much I work with brown...It is applique which I also don't do very often. It's going to be a challenge.

Tomorrow is the NYD Merry Mayhem Mystery, so that is what I will be doing tomorrow!

Watson

Old 12-31-2020, 01:23 PM

I'm still doing what I was doing the last couple of VQWs...machine quilting a big, old quilt. Augh! My arms and back are so tired from trying to push this humongous thing around. I got a good portion of it done, so I'm quitting for the day. Now, it's off to do year end taxes. Don't even try to talk to me for awhile. I'll be in a grumpy mood.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:55 PM

I have been looking forward to this weekend. Thank you Heather. I'm in.👍 Went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon with another quilting friend. Bought some nice fabric to cut up this VQW. The craft place I have items in decided not to end today. It was supposed to end 12/31, but the store owners have decided to keep it going. So I have been sewing up more jelly roll rugs and table runners, winter themed now. Lots of cardinals, chickadee fabric. I expect it to be much slower than the fall season, but plan to be sewing on those this weekend.
Looking forward to checking in and seeing everyone's progress. Enjoy everyone!