Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Old 12-31-2020, 03:15 PM

Today I have been sewing blocks for a charity quilt top. I am using a MSQC pattern called Dizzy Daisy ( i think). Anyway, only 6 more blocks to make, then I will need to cut some sashing strips for the assembly. And clue 6 of Grassy Creek should be out tomorrow, so I will also work on that. The piles of fabric I am using for the mystery are taking over my small sewing space!
Old 12-31-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by deborahscanlon View Post
I recently won the most beautiful bundle of 25 fat quarters for the EQ blog. Just one delicious color of pink/organ/red after another. The feel of the fabric is heavenly too. I wanted to use every color and looked for a while before I decided on this pattern. Petal Sparks. I wanted turned edge applique and I already have one flower cut and ready. If I get them the rest cut and turned, I will consider this a very productive long weekend.

Attachment 630702Attachment 630703
Love your fabrics and the patten too! Please post pictures of your progress and definitely dont forget to share your finished quilt!
Old 12-31-2020, 03:42 PM

Today I finished a UFO, label too. If's a donation quilt. Now t o quilt another.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:43 PM

juliesb--I wasn't sure what Cleopatra's Fan looked like so looked it up. Lovely pattern but definitely challenging! Are you using templates or paper piecing it?

kitsie--did you find a pattern for the girls' quilts?

Fabric Galore--prayers for your daughter.

tropit--hope taxes went well and you're in a less grumpy mood

I finished today's clue for my mystery quilt and making good progress on clue one of the other quilt along. Should be able to finish that one tomorrow. Although am essentially cooking a Thanksgiving meal again tomorrow for my husband. That cuts into my quilting time!
Old 12-31-2020, 04:48 PM

I am still loading my fabric on the Magazine boards. Got side track on some other paper work for my Mother today, it as not been a eventful day for my sewing room reorganization. I will just keep at that until it is done. Have fun everyone and Happy New year.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:55 PM

Thank you for hosting this. My hand quilting has been on hold since before Christmas. I will be getting it out to get started on it again. I also am sewing a quilt top together. I started with 144 blocks last week. I started sewing 4 squares together. I have 11 more sets to see. If I am lucky I miss counted but if I am unlucky then I need to make 4 more squares. After that I can put the bigger units together. Hope to get it all sewn together by next week.

Can't wait to see what everyone does this weekend
Old 12-31-2020, 05:12 PM

Thanks again, Heather for hosting! As always, the hostess with the mostest!

I'm about half-way through stitching the Rainbow Bridge sampler, I'll take pictures shortly and post them. Fiancé had to make an emergency trip to a friend's today, we've got that storm system moving in on us this evening and her heat suddenly stopped working, so it's just me, Butters and Poe for New Year's Eve. We're due for rain and freezing rain tonight, I told him to stay put and not attempt to come home for a couple of days, I'd rather have him safe than try to come home with everything slicked up and snotty. Folks in my part of the country just do not do well at all on icy roads and they've lived here all their lives. I trust my fiancé, it's everyone else on the roads that I don't trust.

I have a small table quilt that needs to be stitched together and ready to go, will probably work on that at some point but it's hard to put down my cross-stitching when I make the kind of progress that I do, lol. Will also probably get through my quilting corner and re-organize and clean up. Love these long weekends!

Oh, and Julienm1 - it's always a PJ weekend here, lol!
Old 12-31-2020, 06:05 PM

I started this weekend early, on the 30th. I've made 14 of 35 blocks for a jelly roll quilt, Ripple, and worked on my RWB quilt. It has 16 patches made from 2.5" squares then star points around the patches. I have 16 completed with 7 almost completed. My goal is 25. I'll add RWB stripes on one side of each 16" block, making the size 20" X 16". So 25 blocks will make a quilt 80" X 100". I may add some borders.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:07 PM

Thanks for hosting Heather. My plan for this long weekend is to start hand quilting my nesting robin quilt and to keep making blocks for Unity.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:22 PM

2 projects
1) a project Linus scrappy stars - my first PL! Just needs borders.
2) Borders for bear paws. After I finished making the paws I had so much fabric leftover that I made a scrappy checkerboard-esque. This will be my first pieced border. Wish me luck.