Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/23-5/27/19 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/23-5/27/19

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/23-5/27/19

Old 05-25-2019, 04:50 AM

I'm In I have 2 baby quilts to finish up this weekend. First one is lying on the floor now to be pinned for quilting.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:28 AM

I am working on a Halloween quilt and some ufo’s.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:33 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613238[/ATTACH]Oh my, big disaster. Somehow I did not cut enough of the plum for the two long borders. I really thought I had it done, but it was all hanging there on the design wall, and I only had the two shorter pieces. I've ordered more. From of course England.
Attached Thumbnails 20190525_102123_resized.jpg  
Old 05-25-2019, 06:42 AM

Good morning QVW'er, I haven't been around in a while. Just haven't been motivated to touch my machines. But, recently I purchased a NTM celery green Featherweight (221) a 1965 allotted number. So, saying all of that I've have returned to my machines. I'm in on the weekend just not getting any piecing or quilting done. But, I am at one of those three machines. Getting doll clothing made and a couple of dresses that's been requesting to be complete for years. I am thinking of working on a grandson quilt. I'm in but not in, but happy quilting to you all.

Cherryb
Old 05-25-2019, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
Looks like I'm in. Have been working in the garden bending over. Pulled a muscle in my back. So, I have no choice but rest it. Here's what I'm working on in my sit down time.
Your piece is lovely, SIAT. All needleturn applique? Wow!

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post

It is supposed to be in the 70’s here today so I will be sanding and painting picnic tables for our summer clambake business which begins June 15th and runs till September 8th. www.cabbageislandclambake.com
Oh your business looks wonderful! Wish I was close enough to go... What a great thing for a family party or reunion!

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613238[/ATTACH]Oh my, big disaster. Somehow I did not cut enough of the plum for the two long borders. I really thought I had it done, but it was all hanging there on the design wall, and I only had the two shorter pieces. I've ordered more. From of course England.
This is beautiful, BA! Love that purple color. It will be worth the wait, to get it just like you want it.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:12 AM

Great pics everybody, thanks! Love that hand appliqué work! I am enjoying my hand quilting and have enough callous on my fingers now to work for more than an hour at a time Snapped a picture without taking the hoop out as I'm not ready to move it yet. [ATTACH=CONFIG]613239[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails over-fields-may-25-2019002_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 05-25-2019, 08:42 AM

Are you ready for an excuse? I was all prepared to start sandwiching my 6 quilts early this morning. ... but when I entered the kitchen, I found proof that I was visited by a little varmint... Mickey Mouse! He was too smart to get caught in any of the traps. So I was forced to disinfect all the surfacing he may have trod upon, counters, sink, floor... (sigh), but after that was done, and I was fixing lunch, I opened a new jar of dill pickles and, you guessed it, I spilled wonderfully smelling pickle juice all over the counter and the floor. (Another sigh!) Maybe I'll get up to my sewing room by 2 or 3 PM. (sigh, sigh, sigh!!)
Old 05-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Sounds like my life, SillySusan. By the time I deal with emergencies, I forget what I wanted to do.

Battle Axe, that is a lovely fabric - worth waiting for.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:40 AM

Yes, a clambake at Jmoore's place! Sounds delightful

Sewingitalltogether - your applique is gorgeous! So sorry you pulled your back & hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Battleaxe - Love your HS quilt!

Thimblebug - your hand stitching is beautiful!

Cleaning decks & porches today... maybe some sewing tonight?

Enjoy the beautiful day all!
Old 05-25-2019, 10:43 AM

Well I am coming back onto the boards today after being inactive for some times (other than to grab a pattern here or there). I have 2 Charity quilts for make for our guild. We are doing a charity project for a local pregnancy center. So far I have done 5 burp cloths, 6 bibs, and 1 mattress pad. I would love to finish 2 crib blankets before the weekend is over. I just finished quilting one and am now working on the other. Tomorrow the plan is to make to receiving blankets to complete this charity project. When I saw this activity I thought this was the perfect motivation I needed to get these completed. I have so many projects to get finished. This should help me to space things out some and finally get them done. I haven't decided on the bindings yet and still have to put the velcro on the bibs. Our next guild meeting is the 3rd week of the month. Would be nice to have this all done by then. Julia