Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016

Old 04-16-2016, 05:09 AM

love looking at and reading what everyone is doing! Vagabond, that reminds me that I have an Allietare ready to quilt too!

This is what I did yesterday afternoon and this AM - the sides and corners for the center of the 365 challenge quilt. While I like this, the problem is I don't think it's going to go well with all the other blocks . . . they are all very scrappy and this is not.

this is the center - from the end of Feb.

now to get to work and caught up on the 3" blocks.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I
Vagabond, your Allietare is beautiful... I couldn't see your borders in the photo, did you go with gold?
Thanks!
No, I used black for the setting triangles, narrow gold border and red for the wide border. I am planning to do the scalloped edge too.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:14 AM

Everyone has such pretty projects! I am off to the Deb Strain show - I'll check in again later today.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:18 AM

I see a lot of beautiful quilts in progress. Sewbizgirl, I look forward to seeing more of your intricate blocks. Jeanne, your bags are so cute!

i will recommence piecing a quilt I'd set aside for several weeks and hope to finish attaching binding to a child's jelly roll quilt.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
This ufo has been taunting me for awhile, and there are three more lined up, with backings and bindings at the ready, to take their turn on the rack next. I'll probably finish quilting this one today and get another one loaded to start tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547825[/ATTACH]

meanwhile, here's what's happening on the design wall. The string bin has also been taunting me something terrible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547826[/ATTACH]

and a little project that needs binding

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547827[/ATTACH]
I am looking to acquire a midarm machine. Yours looks about the right size. Could you tell me about your set-up--machine and frame. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:28 AM

Sure. I bought a used Avante (HandiQuilter) from a quilt shop that was going out of business. It has an 18" throat. The frame is set up short. I can quilt an 80" wide quilt with this set up and have a 4' extension to expand the table in the future. For more information, I would just research the model. I've had no problems with this machine that could not be handled by a phone call to support. Only one call, and it was as simple as loose cables. I don't know what else I can tell you except that I am pleased with my purchase.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:34 AM

Today, I'm quilting a piano key border, SITD style. It's excruciatingly boring. Lots of puckers too...AUGH!

~ C
Old 04-16-2016, 10:16 AM

Like Cam's Gram, I get excited because a VQW is coming up and life happens. However, I have been playing with fabric.

On Wednesday, I hosted a volunteer event where the people traced and cut baby items. Yesterday, I spent time folding and counting burp cloths, bibs, and wash mitts. I also trimmed(some weren't cut straight) and refolded and counted receiving blankets.

After helping serve at a funeral, I delivered all of the above to the charity to serge. It took me a long time to put things away. I still need to count the toys that were stuffed and sew them shut.

So lots of 'playing' with fabric yesterday. Then I met my adult niece and we went shopping for a different Mother-of-the-groom wedding dress. I am having a hard time finding one that fits me without alterations. I treated her to supper for an early birthday treat and we had so much fun. She is my oldest niece and will be 43 on the 18th. Today, we will shop for accessories for the dress.

So, needless to say, no sewing time yet but it has been fun 'playing with the fabric."

Thanks for sharing what you are up to today. I will check in later this evening.

Connie

P.S. Congrats to everyone that is continuing with the 365 Day Challenge. I am keeping the info if I decide to continue this summer.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:22 AM

Well, let's see, which UFO first? I have my grandson's 1st bday quilt from blocks everyone made at my daughter's baby shower, and a pretty butterfly wallhanging I want to finish for my office, and I bought these cool shabby chic picture frames that I want to make vintage-y looking blocks for. I'm on a roll with the butterfly quilt, so I will probably work on that this weekend and post pix later.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:24 AM

Beautiful, Debra!